2005 Gulfstream head pump out problem

IanC

Reaction score
I have bought a 2005 Gulfstream and am unable to discharge the head overboard. I have what appears to be a dual system with y valve and sea cock for over board pump out. The manual says I should have a head pump out switch but I only have a switch for the macerator. In the manual the macerator and pump appear to be one unit so I presumed this switch would do both. I can hear the pump and the y valve and sea cock are in the proper positions but the fluid level doesn't change. We suctioned out the system and with very little use I see liquid in the toilet. Is this normal? I am wondering if I could have a blockage or if the pump may be broken? Any helpful thoughts?

Legend

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
I had the same issue with a 2004 Gulfstream. I replaced the macerator pump and the motor would run but still no pump out action. Next I replaced the hoses and the Y valve still no luck thinking aa clog. Finally I took the new pump back to the dealer and asked if it could be a bad pump. The dealer said he never had one that was bad out of the box but he gave me another one to try. Hooked It up and first try it worked like a charm. my guess is bad pump.