2005 Marlin Salvage

family affair

Reaction score
Model
Islander
I'm curious to see if anyone buys that boat.
I've had involvement with boat repair less than what that boat needs. If I had the time to repair it, I'm not sure I would take it if it was given to me. You reasonably can't get a boat that beat up to look great again... good at best. Add 2 engines, tanks, electronics, etc and you still have boat load of $$ into a salvaged boat that looks a couple bubbles off. If it were a single engine boat under 25 feet and 10 years old, yah. This one, don't think so.

Reel Sharp

Reaction score
That boat was at 15 or 20k a few weeks ago on ebay. I agree, it is a bunch of work and $$$$$. Hard to take on a project like that. :bang

ahill

Reaction score
I bought a boat that sank.
"Everthing" was replaced except for wiring. Nightmare from day 1.
A reputable Ft. Lauderdale boatyard did everything BUT wiring. New engines, transmissions, tanks, gauges, upholstery and more.
Insurance wouldn't cover wiring, shift & throttle cables (flybridge boat with lower station) and that's where the unending gremlins were.
This boat also needs major hull faring & prob awlgrip plus all the other stuff, including motors & all that.
Run away very fast. There are no deals on a salvaged boat.

bhemi

Reaction score
I could put my name down for lots of the parts if someone wants to buy it and part it out. :)

Grog

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
You have to do the wiring too or don't even start.

freddy063

Reaction score
what parts ,the thing need a 100% over hull???? No motors, hard top is bent, hull needs work, topside needs work, wireing gone, anything left need to be redone, your looking at a 1000, rebuld boat at tops, and that might be to much, he would have to paid me to hull it away.

billyttpd

Reaction score
a Marlin 300 is my dream Grady..I actually thought about purchasing this salvage vessell after I too saw it on Ebay,,,,I was hesitant about it though because looking at the pictures I knew it was more than I could handle (read hire someone to fix it).Thank you for all your posts....I decided I will save my money and save for a marlin that was never under water.

Grady Dave

Reaction score
What's is the story behind this boat. It's in awful shape for an 05?

bhemi

Reaction score
It was in a hurricane in the Bahamas and sank. If you search on the web you can see pics of it with the beat up engines on it. In the interior pictures you could see rust stains coming out of the electrical panel in the cabin. That being said things like cabinet doors and hatches are good salvage parts. It even had the bow cushions still on which I need. If someone gave me a good bare hull with NOTHING on it I would still be reluctant. With todays' prices a whole boat is worth much less than the sum of it's parts. Payments on a new boat would be cheaper than the bills to fix up a disaster like that boat.