2005 Marlin TV Antenna?

HDGWJOE

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I'm planning to do some work on my antenna system(may add a Glomex and bypass factory antenna) but I want to try to find the antenna the factory installed first... anybody know where it is located? Also, anybody know if the Sharp 15" TV(LC 15S1U-S) that was factory installed can handle digital signals? I think it can handle 480i signals but not 480p or 1080p.... can anybody verify that? I also have a call into Grady with the same questions.

HDGWJOE

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
FYI... Eddie Rowe from Grady White service sent me a pic of the antenna location... it is directly behind, and attached to, the finished panel the TV sits in. It is H shaped and I doubt its picking up a very good signal from there. He also said I need the digital to analog converter for that TV.

el jefe

Reaction score
Model
Marlin
I went through this process a while back. If you have a 2005 Marlin original TV you do not have a digital capable (over the air HD) TV. You need a new TV. You also do not have a digital over the air capable antenna. I also determined there were no flat panel TV's that could fit into the molded space for the TV. Grady replaced the entire piece some time after 2005. I replaced my TV and dvd player with a combo TV/DVD and ran a new tv atennae and mounted it on the cabin top on line parallel line with the VHF atennae. The antennae is one of the flying saucer shakespare antennaes. The whole system works great and it is really nice swinging out the TV on its mount. The only thing I haven't done is secure the TV in place for under way and am playing with velcro adhesions or perhaps retaining straps or bungee.

HDGWJOE

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I also ran an exterior antenna ... Ended up with a Glomex on the hard top. With a digital signal converter I now pick up 18 channels crystal clear without the amplifier. Before they went digital i couldnt pick up anything in my marina. But I do plan to to replace the Sharp analog with a Jensen digital... I think I found a Jensen that will fit in that space. They are expensive but better than having to use a converter all the time.