2005 yamaha

jmbadge

Reaction score
Does anyone have feedback on a 2005 yamaha 2 stroke ?

uncljohn

Reaction score
If its a 2-S then its likely the SWS OX66? If so, then its a great engine. I have an 02 on miine.

jmbadge

Reaction score
yamaha

Its a 150 TXR Yamaha what do you know about this model. Thanks.

Parthery

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Great engine.....a little bit thirstier than an HPDI but extremely reliable.

jmbadge

Reaction score
yamaha

Awsome, I think I got a good deal, 89 overnighter 2005 ventura trailer 2005 engine with 3 yr warranty . boat seems solid some dings here and there . Transome is dry and stringers are fine. It came with new enclosures and bimini new seats, cushons,Bolsters,New marine radio, hummingbird 700 gps chart plotters.Paid $ 11000 Am excited for the first Grady I think I did pretty good.

uncljohn

Reaction score
that is a great deal assuming everything is working as you say. How many hours on the engine? Was it recently installed? (since its an 05 w/ 3 more years on the warranty). You should get 1-2 thousand hours out of it if used regularly and maintained well.

jmbadge

Reaction score
Yes the engine was purchased in july 2009, I purchased it in Jan 2010 with 70 hours on it. The reg three year warranty from yamaha and I could still purchase additional coverage for 1500.00 It was an unfortunate situation for the seller, but good timing for me. I was looking for a couple years. Was torn about the purchase of a newer one because of time constraints and the ability to get alot of use. I cant wait to get out on the water.

jmbadge

Reaction score
Also all controll's and factory gauges are new. I realise that if i decide to keep the boat It will eventually need the transome replaced one day . The gas tank is origional and that will also need replaced. Full tank of gas when purchased.

uncljohn

Reaction score
well considering I paid $10,500 for a new 2002 OX 66 SWS engine 3 years ago, I think you just got a free boat! Keep that in mind when something breaks! it'll help you to sleep.....

Honestly with what you said about an unfortunate situation for the seller, they probably owned the boat outright, just bought a new motor, and just wanted to sell it for what they owe on the motor. You are lucky! Way to go!

no problem

Reaction score
Sounds like an awesome deal! Now try to wear that motor out. Betcha can't. The worst thing you can do for that motor is not use it. Some startron and ring free in the gas and you should have lots of happy motoring. Boeshield T9 sprayed under the engine cover will help that motor stay looking new on the inside too Congratulations! http://www.boeshield.com/

jmbadge

Reaction score
Thanks alot , I,m happy with the purchase cant wait till flounder season.