2006 228 seafarer fresh water tank

wavetamer

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
getting close to freezing and want to drain the fresh water out of my holding tank , is it just a matter of opening a valve and draining , I will start looking to see if it is obvious.

Parthery

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Fire it up and run it until it's dry. It won't take longer then a couple minutes.

seasick

Reaction score
wavetamer said:
getting close to freezing and want to drain the fresh water out of my holding tank , is it just a matter of opening a valve and draining , I will start looking to see if it is obvious.

It is important to make sure the plumbing is drained too. For example, if you have a fresh water hose and nozzle, they need to be drained or filled with antifreeze. I run my tank until it sputters, than I add about a 1/2 to 1 gallon of RV antifreeze and run it for a bit to get the stuff into the plumbing. I disconnect the hand faucet hose at the pump and pull the hose taught to make sure it drains out. Make sure you press the button on the sprayer to let air in. I remove and shake out the round filter if you have one and I run the pump a sec or two after disconnecting the input hose to blow out ant standing water.
If you are sure that you got the RV antifreeze fluid into all fittings, you don't have to disconnect all the fittings like I do. In the spring, you just fill the tank with water and flush it out by leaving the hose running while the filler overflows. The round filter needs to be opened and cleaned too. Most likely it will have gunk in it.

Doc Stressor

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
That's how to do it. I lost my pump and filter bowl during a hard freeze in Florida a couple of years ago. The same pump in my truck camper was fine because it was winterized with antifreeze.

My washdown pump was fine. Maybe because it had saltwater in it.