2006 330 fresh water filter

Fastbreak

Reaction score
Every time I go offshore the fresh water filter becomes clogged with a white soapy type substance. I have run at least three tanks thru the system to try and flush it out. Is there any drain on the tank directly? I can not see one but i am looking around a gen set and a freezer compressor.

NOTHING ELSE MATTERS

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Have you tried and clean the filter/screen on the fresh water pump? I had the same problem on mine the first year and after cleaning it and add some chlorine the problem went away.

Your pump is at the aft cabin on the starboard wall. Remove the caps and then screws to remove the panel.

Fastbreak

Reaction score
yes I have cleaned it 3 times now. I am to the point that i do not replace that access pannel, as i know i will be cleaning the filter at the end of each trip.

grady33

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Express 330
I think the problem may be some sort of mold or something. Have you tried adding some chlorine or fresh water additive. Had this happen last year when I left the tank filled and didn't add anything for a few weeks. Had to flush the system and clean the screen several times before problem was solved.

reelserious

Reaction score
Fastbreak said:
yes I have cleaned it 3 times now. I am to the point that i do not replace that access pannel, as i know i will be cleaning the filter at the end of each trip.

I gave up about 5 years ago and just removed the screen filter before the pump. If there are any clogs now it happens at the faucets. It is much easier to unscrew the faucet end than it is to open up the back panel and remove the screen at the pump.