2006 360 bow thruster problem

sel1005

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Mine quit working last week, power is getting to the joystick and charger shows fully charged, but when I push the joystick I hear a faint click click but thats all.

For the life of me I can not locate the fuses that the GW diagram shows, have hunted around all over on the starboard access panels under the table area. Anyone have an idea where they are? Supposed to be two of them.

Anyone else have a similar problem? Thanks in advance

NOTHING ELSE MATTERS

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
The fuse should be between the battery and the red push cut off switch or better yet maybe where the battery switches are (red buttons with the amp rating on it). I don't think you have a fuse issue though if you getting the "clicking" noise. I don't know if they use a solenoid, if they do, that might be your problem assuming you have full 12+ volts. If you hear the motor turning you maybe sheared the pin that holds the blade/propeller.

sel1005

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Well.... bad news unfortunately....

Got a tech out to the house this afternoon and we tore the cabin apart and got to the thruster unit. Power there is all OK, but we also figured out that the prop will not turn, is locked up solid. Tried multiple times from both sides of the boat. Bypassed the control unit to apply power directly to the motor, same thing, nada. She is on a lift so there is no line or anything wrapped around the prop of course.

So either the motor has frozen up or the gear box has. Ran fine a week ago when I left as well as docked coming home, then just a few days later it is locked up, who knows.....

I talked to Lewmar and they said it was time to tear it apart and see whats going on inside, nothing else to troubleshoot at this point.

Thanks as always for your input and advice, good to hear you are still boating....

sel1005

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
out of warranty a few years now, likely the latter comment in your post, just one of those things....the BOAT acronym needs to be revised these days to something like BOFT since it seems most anything involving haul out will set you back at least 5K....

no freaking clue as to why though, have not heard back from service yet on what they found. boat lives out of the water on a lift, have had zero issues with the thruster since I took delivery, so will have to wait it out for news on what went wrong. have heard about numerous issues with thrusters since mine failed though, guess I have been lucky all these years.

anyway.... enjoy the summer, have fun, will advise if there is any logic on what to do or not do to prevent others from encountering the same issue...

gradydriver

Reaction score
Not BOFT....you just need to reword BOAT as in Break Out Another Ten thousand. :sorry

sel1005

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
end result: the battery had a bad cell. When they tested everything, battery showed 13 volts, so they ruled it out as an issue. They pulled the motor, and everything looked fine, which started some retro / backward testing. The battery showed fine until it had the huge load the thruster puts on it, then the battery dropped to like 4 volts. So, new battery, lots of labor $$ expense, and the thruster works again......