2006 sailfish 282

mjmwelder

Reaction score
I have considered jumping up to the marlin but a lot of the ones for sale have the F225s on the back.And I have an 2002 F225 on the back of my gulfsream and its been fine,I know about the corrosion issue with this motor have been discussed at length.I just feel it would be a little underpowered for a boat that size.And I wouldn't shy away from the motors on a sailfish if the hull was in good condition.

HBSteve

Reaction score
When we looked about a year ago, the price difference between a Marlin and a Sailfish was significant. We ended up with an 05 Sailfish in great condition w/520 hours on 250s for $60k. We couldn't find a similiar Marlin for anything near that. We really like our Sailfish but a similiar quality Marlin was out of reach. Of course now my wife has her eye on the 330 Express....

Another Distraction

Reaction score
I've seen some real nice 33's with 225's or $89k. If you had a pair of 300's in your garage this would be a nice move up!!!

Another Distraction

Reaction score
I think the marlins are so unchanged that year of the boat doesn't mean much. They change the hardtop, dash, colors of fabrics......it's the same ole boat. Just get a repowered one and let it rip. A marlin for $60k, no problem!

mjmwelder

Reaction score
I now looking at an 2005 Sailfish in Virginia at a price you paid for your 282. With very similar hours as your.And your right to jump to a Marlin in the condition I want put it out of my price range,so hopeful this Sailfish is as advertised.

Motivator

Reaction score
My 282 has 250's and I could not imagine it with any less HP. Would love to see what it would do with 300's.

HBSteve

Reaction score
I looked up the 05 in Virginia. Looks really nice and seems to have a good history. You probably can't go wrong. Given we now have the Sailfish, our next step up would be to the 330 express. Paying a big chunk more for just two addidional feet just isn't worth it. Opens up new alternatives though. Pursuit and Everglades make nice boats in that range. I'm figuring that getting a quality newer boat that size is a minimum of $100k. Given that, a nice 282 is a pretty good option (and something we're proud to own). However, if we stumble across about $50k lying in the street somewhere.....

mjmwelder

Reaction score
It looks like a clean boat just put an offer on the boat today.I have look at other manafacturers of boat but always come back to the Grady Whites I couldn't be happier with my Gulfstream its been a great boat and truth be told, if it had a stand up head I would keep the boat but with a wife & 2 daughters, well you know.

Seajuice

Reaction score
I just bought a 2005 Sailfish 282. Same issue wife and two daughters. They love it! ......at least the daughters do.

mjmwelder

Reaction score
Hey Seajuice, what motors do you have on your boat? If its the F225s are you happy with the overall performance of boat?

Seajuice

Reaction score
Yes. I have the yamaha f225's. I think they are fine. Jumps right up on a plane. I've only had it a couple of weeks but topped out at 44 mph with 6100 rpm's the other day. Have blocked the fuel burn from my memory. Still working to get the hang of optimal cruise speed and such. So far, I love it!