2007 273 Chase - No lights working

Djd1357

Reaction score
Figured I'd give this a shot before tearing everything apart...After installing new breakers, hoses, and electronics, I decided to replace the under gunnel lighting and noticed there was no longer power going to either side. Long story short after some trouble shooting, there is no power going to ANY of the lights (live well, running lights, cockpit lights, bathroom light, etc) There was power to all lights prior. Everything else is working properly.

Short of the simple solutions that I have already checked (fuses, switches, etc) Could I have disconnected something in the back when I replaced the breakers? I would not have thought there would have been anything light related back there...Could I have busted something pulling the new transducer (didn't think it would be that simple) It is weird that ALL lights are all of a sudden not working. Is there a master light wire that I broke that I do not know about?

Thank you in advance!

SkunkBoat

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Model
Express 265
Ok
Yes , good chance you broke something..

You say lights but then include Livewell...you mean livewell light is bad but pump still works?

Running lights are fed from a switch panel with their own breaker, as are Cockpit lights . The switch panel is fed from a fuse panel/bus bar.
You may have lost feed to switch panel but you say "everything else" works. Possibly you knocked off a 12 V jumper on the switch panel so "some" of the switches have no power.

"Bathroom" light is usually fed separately from a fuse panel..so that is confusing.

There is the possibility that you knocked off the black Negative wire(s) (i.e. "ground" )from the negative bus on the fuse panel or battery
It is possible that some things other than lights are getting "ground" thru other connections.

Djd1357

Reaction score
Good morning and thanks for the reply. Yes, I was referring to the live well light. I did my due diligence prior and did check that I had 12v to all of the switches, and to the bus bar feeding the switches. I also thought it could be a loose ground but could not find any loose wires any where. I guess i could run a wire back to the battery and test that theory later today with a multimeter.

After doing a little digging with the wiring diagrams I have a theory im going to try later. I had to replace all the breakers because the previous owner neglected everything and they were all corroded, and while doing so, had to detach a wiring harness to also get access to the deck scuppers that needed to be replaced too. In the diagram I attached, I'm betting that's the harness for all of the lights and I either did not fully get it reconnected or its also corroded and needs to be replaced... hopefully my theory is right, as its going to be 1-2ft offshore Saturday and I'd like to be fishing!

Thanks again.

Attachments

• 20210204_060241.jpg
    20210204_060241.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 2
Reactions: SkunkBoat

Djd1357

Reaction score
It has been fixed!

Just an FYI if anyone has this issue in the future, there is a wiring harness in the back behind the breaker/battery switch panel that controls all the lights on the boat. Mine was completely corroded. I cut all the wire back, used heat shrink butt connectors on all wires and ran through flex conduit. Hopefully never have an issue again!

Attachments

• 20210204_133702.jpg
    20210204_133702.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 1
  • 20210204_152722.jpg
    20210204_152722.jpg
    1,023.4 KB · Views: 1