2007 Del Mar Va lous get together

Dr. Kleen

Reaction score
We are in the early planning stages of the 2007 IRI rendevous.

The date that we are going to lock in at the Marina is Saturday, June 22, 2007. It will be rain or shine, with a lot of sunshine predicted!!

We will have pre-registration for this event so we can have a somewhat firm idea to who is attending. We will post the information in the near future.

Hope to see all of the 2006 G/W people attend again, and a few more new faces/boats for a Great Grady Time.

Any questions of suggestions feel free to contact me or Jim (Galileo)

Jeff D

Stonewall

Reaction score
Sounds great Jeff. Donna and I are looking forward to it again. It will be good to see everyone.

And...Thanks to Jim and Jeff for all the work they do.

wilson

Reaction score
my gas tank is installed now, so this year my back won't be hurting!!i'm in!!!

Stonewall

Reaction score
gw204 said:
Geez, '06 ain't even over yet and you guys are already thinkin' about '07! :D

Hell Brian,

We were planning the 2007 event as we were sitting around having fun at the 2006 event. It's never too early to start a plan. However - sometimes it can be too late.

gw204

Reaction score
I'll keep the date in mind. I might try to fish the MSSA Tunament this year and it's genareally right around that time frame.

Capt Bill

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
If I forget that date, I'll be missing more than the Del Mar Va lous get together! :shock: That's the Admiral's and my anniversary, and we would love to be there.

gw204

Reaction score
Looks like I won't make it this year either. MSSA tourney is 6/22 - 6/24.

ocnslr

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
We just found out that the "Hodson Family Reunion" has been scheduled for the weekend preceeding this one, in upstate New York. As the eldest male in the clan, descended from my English paternal grandfather, I am obliged to attend.

That, coupled with our experience last year, precludes our participation in the IRI gathering this year.

Best wishes to all.

Brian & Cathy

Stonewall

Reaction score
Brian,

Sorry to hear that you and Cathy won't be attending. It won't be the same without you. Plus who will handle the grill duties?? :D

Frank

Reaction score
Please request better weather than last year. :D

GALILEO

Reaction score
DeMaVaLous 2007 dates

Folks, in looking to pin down some dates, I see the June date is already an early problem. Some have commented to me that school will be still on, some have noted that the water is too cold for swimming, and we now the weather to be finicky around that time, etc.

How about the August date? The first and last weeks of August are out, but how about the third week of August?

We need to pin down an early date to ensure proper planning. We will need to cater this year. I will simply wil not have the time to pull together the groceries for our Banquet. Also, last year's event personally cost me about $325 because of folks that bailed at the last moment, and the ususal last minute registrants did not materialize because of the weather. (The prior year's budget was right on as I ended up with a $3.00 suplus.) So lets plan on prepaid registrations.

Thanks! Jim

ocnslr

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
August may be workable for us. Still not sure if we will come by boat, or drive up.... but will try to make it.

Prepaid registration not a problem.

Thanks for all the effort.

Brian

Stonewall

Reaction score
Donna and I are planning a trip to celebrate our 35th Anniversary the week of Aug 13-20th. Looks like we may have a conflict. We'll have to see what the final IRI dates are .