2007 Fisherman 222 with F250 Yammy

eppem

Reaction score
Helping my cousin look for a new to him (used), CC. Found the above locally and going to take a look at it. Any forum members own now or in a past life? Good, bad, ugly? Appreciate any feedback.

EPPE
2003 GW 265

eppem

Reaction score
Anyone? Bueller, Bueller, Bueller? Where are the 222 owners? Opinions? Geez, ask about a 265 or any of the express models and we line up with comments? Is it me?

EPPE

Hineser Out

Reaction score
I have a 2006 that I repowered with a 4.2 F250. It had a f225 that blew up so didn’t have a choice. Night and day difference. I also moved the batteries to the console. Hate to be a homer but this boat rides and handles awesome now. Marina that did the repower was like man this is a heavy 22. Let me know your questions and I’ll see if I can answer any.

eppem

Reaction score
Appreciate the feedback, thanks! You see any unusual spider cracks by the aft cleats? Only thing that didn't look great. The drain scuppers for the deck drains seem a tad low too but not a deal breaker.

I like the idea of moving the batteries to inside the console. Where did you end up putting them and was it difficult to run the cables forward? Getting those off the ass of the boat would get the drains higher when at the dock too.

Hineser Out

Reaction score
I have some spider cracks on both sides near the rear cleats just above the gunnel. Not sure what it’s from but haven’t gotten any worst since I’ve owned it for past 3 years. Might get it fixed in future but low priority. When I bought it it looked like it was hard fished out of North Carolina but bought it anyway, retrospect prolly should have passed but sank some money into it and tricked it out myself now it’s a fishing machine. It’s used so if I drop a 12 ounce mojo on the deck it’s like whatever. I got it all waxed up looking good tho.

I took 2 group24 agm batteries and tucked them into front console under the electronics. They barely fit but tied them down good, ran some premade #2 battery cables up from the back, actually worked out good and was easy to do.

With the new 250 and batteries up front , it planes so easy and rides great, level, predictable handling. I cruise at 38 mph at 4500 and seems effortless.

Put in new electronics myself , cup holders, replaced some latches and various other things.

What’s good is it’s a 22 center console so there’s not a lot of systems to break anyway. Everything is easily fixable so it’s an easy boat to own and is very seaworthy , dry, stable, great trolling boat.

jaydub

Reaction score
I have an 06 Fisherman 222 with the original Yamaha 250. Have almost 1300 hours on it and it's still running great. It has been a great boat and it's been great for fishing. I kept my batteries in the back but put more batteries in the console since I put a trolling motor on it. I replaced the steering helm a couple of years ago since steering was getting difficult and bleeding the lines wasn't helping. That made a big improvement. It's a great boat to take friends out fishing or cruising around and my wife will go since it has a head in the console.

eppem

Reaction score
Thanks, for all the info, trying to cut a deal for this. Stay tuned!