2007 Grady 305 Express Under 100K

Z4J

Reaction score
ebay

It is close to the NADA book price which is the book used by many banks if you are thinking of financing.

ElyseM

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
you're thinking of the bigger ones as far as $$.

remember, that as soon as you buy a brand new boat, it's "value" drops significantly as you have to strip out the mfg and dealer pure profit. it basically drops back to what the boat (or car) really costs, plus some premium for brand reputations.

also have to watch the ebay boats. lots of hurricane boats out there. my friend bought a car on ebay that turned out to be clearly water damaged.

that said, i don't think that price would be that bad in the current economic environment if the seller absolutely had to dump it quick. ron

Tuna Man

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Just saw a 2006 33' Express go for $124,600 on ebay. Looked pretty well equipped too.

I guess I should have waited a year and would have saved some big $$$ :?

armauro

Reaction score
Both boats were sold by a dealer in LI- I thought I got a great deal on my 06 282 with 5 hours at 72K????????? The market is droping as fast as the equity market.

DBV

Reaction score
That is an unbelievable price for that boat. I looked at a used on last spring and they wanted around 160k. Probably would have bought the boat at the price had I known about it.

armauro

Reaction score
Being told that the dealer is not standing behind both deals- he claims he made a mistake by not putting in reserve prices????
Good luck trying to force a deal with ebay- they are useless when it comes to buyers reneging on purchases..

DBV

Reaction score
That would make more sense. That price is just too cheap for that boat.

armauro said:
Being told that the dealer is not standing behind both deals- he claims he made a mistake by not putting in reserve prices????
Good luck trying to force a deal with ebay- they are useless when it comes to buyers reneging on purchases..

Tuna Man

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Not that I am in any position financially to buy another big (for me) boat, but if I did have the nerve to bid on either one of these boats, I could see the seller changing his mind. Kind of scary bidding $125K in an online auction.

Nothing like felling as though you won the lottery only to find out your ticket was improperly encoded by the 7 Eleven that sold it to you!!!

Greg B

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score

Z4J

Reaction score
market price

maybe the dealer backed out but there is no arguing with the fact that this is where the market price is at this time. If I owned one of these I would want to believe they are worth more but just like the equity market, they are only worth what someone else is willing to pay. Econ101

armauro

Reaction score
Dealer has obviously done this before per negative feedback- they know how ebay works- what were they thinking? My friend bought the 30 and is negotiating with them but ebay is no help in this arbitration. So much for a true auction/selling forum.

BobP

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
I presume it's not a Grady dealer doing this?

Better not be!

My blood pressure is rising, face is flush!

As long as it's not Grady dealer -

Then seller may be looking for euro money on ebay.

Someone didn't tell him, that well dried up too.

Grady is selling over there, see latest catalog, quote from new owner on one of the bigger models.

ElyseM

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Re: market price

Z4J said:
maybe the dealer backed out but there is no arguing with the fact that this is where the market price is at this time. If I owned one of these I would want to believe they are worth more but just like the equity market, they are only worth what someone else is willing to pay. Econ101

realistically, boats are toys and we don't buy them for investment purposes. their fmv's only matter if you have to absolutely convert to cash. then that number is what you are willing to take compared to what someone is willing to give. if you are "trading up" in this market, then what you give up on the sell side is probably well offset by what you get on the buy side. if you are coming into this market fresh on the buy side, then you reallly stepped in it!! :D i believe that in life, we all get at least one YEEESSSS! (just hope it isn't a two for one on hersey bars :shock: )

as to the fmv for something that you intend to keep using; i met a guy, way back, in Houston. he and his wife had purchased a house JUST before oil collapsed in that area. he said he was way under water concerning the mortgage. his comment: hey, i gotta live somewhere. he had no intention of going anywhere and knew that down the road values would creep back or (like i said) he would get something back on any step up house.

besides, i just read that Ben says the recession is ending this year, so everybody better get while the going's good. ron :lol:

BobP

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
I talked to a guy selling a hotel condo in florida, who bought it at 50K about five years ago, it went up to 150K a few years ago, and now he wants to sell to buy a bigger one bedroom suite.

He said he was asking 99K, no calls.
So he lowered it to 89K, and said he was willing to take $85K. No calls.

-----------------------------
Conclusion - I have not met anyone selling a house or boat recently, who has any idea what it is really worth in today's sale market, and what they think it will sell for is way too high, always.
I'm talking price to sell, not to ask.

In a couple of years it will come around and start the climb back up, until the next down cycle.

If houses can sell for less than purchase price years later , one can only imagine the clip on boats. In two years, half off selling price when new. Surprised ? For Gradys too?

Now all this doesn't matter if you buy and keep the boat, for a longer time, if not a long time. Actually, means nothing whatsoever.

ElyseM

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
armauro said:
The seller of both boats was Spellmans who is a GW dealer with 2 locations on Long Island. They had apparently done this before.

:shock: i understood them to have a good rep. i guess we're going "no holds barred" in this market!

BobP

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
I don't think that's right even if these are brokered boats for others as I expect.
Should have a "buy now" price listed. Did they?

They may be trying to get overseas buyers, where esle would they expect to get a higher price than the USA northeast ?

armauro

Reaction score
My buddy was the buyer of the 30 but they will not sell the boat at the closing price- claim they made a MISTAKE? They had a week to realize they had no reserve price plus with all the bidders they should have paid more attention to detail.