2007 Grady 305 Express Under 100K

ElyseM

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
BobP said:
I don't think that's right even if these are brokered boats for others as I expect.
Should have a "buy now" price listed. Did they?

They may be trying to get overseas buyers, where esle would they expect to get a higher price than the USA northeast ?

i don't do ebay. is there some kind of agreement that the seller "signs" that specifies obligations (like: if you don't put a reserve number on it, it sells for the highest bid --PERIOD) ? if the rules allow the seller to pull it off the market at anytime, well then i guess it is what it is. but it still is kinda sucky.

BobP

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Now I'm feeling better !

We all know what OTHER dealers are doing to get a sale!

Pulse rate back to normal.

BobP

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Even if dealer made mistakes not listing properly - like the talk over at THT, doesn't really matter, how would the seller answer this?

Is the market better now to sell or come the end of this next summer ?

logoman

Reaction score
Spellmans Marine Was Not the Seller on E Bay

ElyseM said:
armauro said:
The seller of both boats was Spellmans who is a GW dealer with 2 locations on Long Island. They had apparently done this before.

:shock: i understood them to have a good rep. i guess we're going "no holds barred" in this market!

I represent Spellmans Marine and I was informed of this misinformation by a very good customer of ours. I would like to clear up any misconception. We haven't listed any boats on e-bay. If the boat was local on LI it had to have been listed by another dealer. Please don't damage our reputation via hearsay. We work very hard to cultivate and maintain our good business name. If you have any questions please feel free to contact me.

Brian Spellman
Spellmans Marine
(631) 728-9200
brian@spellmansmarine.com

ElyseM

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Re: Spellmans Marine Was Not the Seller on E Bay

logoman said:
ElyseM said:
armauro said:
The seller of both boats was Spellmans who is a GW dealer with 2 locations on Long Island. They had apparently done this before.

:shock: i understood them to have a good rep. i guess we're going "no holds barred" in this market!

I represent Spellmans Marine and I was informed of this misinformation by a very good customer of ours. I would like to clear up any misconception. We haven't listed any boats on e-bay. If the boat was local on LI it had to have been listed by another dealer. Please don't damage our reputation via hearsay. We work very hard to cultivate and maintain our good business name. If you have any questions please feel free to contact me.

Brian Spellman
Spellmans Marine
(631) 728-9200
brian@spellmansmarine.com

brian, as you can see from my comment, i knew of your establishment as a reputable one. you can also see that the poster later retracted his comment regarding spellman's as the selling party. ron

fishie1

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I knew it would not be Spellman's - this is not how they operate - at least not in my experience.

Strong's is a Pursuit dealer- you know, the "other" Grady.

Brian S - thanks for clearing this up

I was at Strong's this past week and inquired about this boat and the auction, and received no satisfactory reply. Salesperson claimed to be unaware of the auction and any issue. :roll:

A

Anonymous

At the NYC boat show I had checked out the Pursuit's. I was a very funny approach to me by them. I came out and told them in about 37 seconds , hey listen, I am not here to hear your BS, I am a Grady man and just looking at what Pursuit has to offer. Boy, I was treated like rare 1945 Cheval Blanc !

Pete