2007 Marlin aft bench seat bracket

Viking88rd

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
Am in the process of having the aft bench seat reupholstered. In doing so, I would like to restore the two metal (rubberized texture surface) brackets that are part of the assembly. They are attached vertically on the transom face. They appear to be aluminum with a rubberized paint. Any suggestions on prep and finish. I figured that they should be removed and sand blasted and then maybe an initial epoxy primer before finished paint??. Has anyone completed this restoration?22324.jpeg

Last edited:

Mrowlen

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Curious if you ever completed this. Btw- does anyone know if you can just buy a new set from Grady-White or the maker of these. I’d like to buy a set.

Fishtales

Reaction score
It is powder coated and mounted with either blind side fastners or installed before the aft fish box is installed. Not easy to get the screws out. I'm thinking of peeling off what I can, sanding down and painting with white rustolium paint.

Mrowlen

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Does anyone know if these are available new from Grady or other? I believe they are all the same and I don’t think I’ll have trouble getting mine out of our 282 Sailfish and I’d rather go with the factory coating as it seems like it might last better.

Fishtales

Reaction score
You can try Grady, if they have them expect them to be costly.
Each model is a little different size. 282 is one of the smaller ones with side height matched to the windshield line of the boat.
There were several folks that manufactured them for GW - Wise and Garelick. Now Llebroc does under contract and cannot sell direct.
Your best alternative is to get a shop to do it for you over the off season. Likely cheaper than new and it will come out very nice.

AIC 1

Reaction score
Model
Marlin
I have a 30 marlin They are little tight but not that hard to take off. Once you have them off you have to chip away the flake and patiently grind away the rest. Once they are clean you can have them re powder coated and they come out brand new. total cost about 100.00.

Reactions: Viking88rd