2008 275 Tournament Stero

Reaction score
Has anyone upgraded their stero to a fusion or bluetooh equivlent system? If so I would love to know what models you replaced the remote ones with.

Ekea

Reaction score
Model
Chase
i have a boss headunit. it has bluetooth connectivity for play back. is that what you are asking about?

Last edited:
Reaction score
No I was looking for someone that has a tournament or freedom series. Both have a headunit and then two "remote" units. From the factory in 2008 mine came with Kenwood and I am looking to upgrade.

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
The boat you have (model) doesn't matter for this scenario.

A new stereo will not work with your existing remotes. But plenty of new stereos are Bluetooth and can be controlled with phones.

Reaction score
Yep I am tracking that everything needs to be replaced. I was wondering what remotes and head units others usedd.

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
What head unit do YOU like? That would be the more important question. Fusion is one the biggest names, over the last few years, though.

Reaction score
I would like to stick with Fusion. All of my other eletronics are Garmin and seems that they work well together from what I have read.

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
Fusion is good stuff - it's used as original equip by some other high-end manufacturers like Sea Ray (and I'm familiar with the Fusions there) - you'll be happy with that.

Fixit

Reaction score
Model
Islander
I went with a jbl round gauge hole unit. it powers 4 speakers at the helm, and RCA cords for two fusion amps for the sub / 4 speakers on the back deck. blue tooth is great, easy to use, but it lacks the signal strength and quality that a plugged in phone has. totally fine most of the time but if "need" the best quality or max volume with minimal distortion then a plugged in phone is best.

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
I went with a jbl round gauge hole unit. it powers 4 speakers at the helm, and RCA cords for two fusion amps for the sub / 4 speakers on the back deck. blue tooth is great, easy to use, but it lacks the signal strength and quality that a plugged in phone has. totally fine most of the time but if "need" the best quality or max volume with minimal distortion then a plugged in phone is best.
I think it's probably more about the quality of the hardware than just BT vs wired. The reason I say that is that I've used multiple systems via BT and they absolutely ROCK!. Granted, these were on high end Mastercrafts and Sea Rays - but they were amazing.

drbatts

Reaction score
Model
Express 305
I have a fusion stereo on my boat with a wired remote on the dash. Best stereo I have had on any of the boats I have owned.