2008 305 Express

Gowiththeflo

Reaction score
Hi all , Has anyone had fuel in the aft cabin bildge after a fill up? Not a lot but concerned

thanks Capt s

itsaball

Reaction score
I had a 2008 Express 305 about 4 years ago and my wife started noticing an odor of fuel shortly after refueling. Though she had trouble convincing me, one day I detected a little gas odor too. Hoping it was just the gasket around the fuel senders, as is sometimes the cause (and hopefully yours), I found that not to be true. My neighbor was in the fuel business and coincidently called about the same time to tell me he had some gasoline left on his truck. I said to bring it on. The high speed fill flushed out our issue. The smell was really strong when he started filling so he stopped for me to remove the tackle box or whatever the cabinet was on the starboard side where the fuel fill hose was located. At that point he started fueling again and there was a vapor (mist) of fuel coming out of the fill hose for the first foot from the filler opening. With that, I contacted GW and they gave me exact directions on how to replace that filler hose and furnished me the hose as well. I hope you dont have to go to that extent but it is definitely a safety matter to check out.

seasick

Reaction score
You might decide at some point no to keep the boat but you should definitely keep your wife.