2008 33 express -electric panel

Hollandjr

Reaction score
When I flip the switch in the dc panel to power the helm electronics box the fresh water pump runs. Even when freshwater switch off, this is the only switch this happens with. Anybody else seen this? Just started happening

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
Since it just started happening, it sounds like the switch failed in the on postion. Weird as they would normally fail in the off position. But, since as you said, it just started happening, that seems like the only answer.

wspitler

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Express 330
Are you sure it is the FW pump? If it's the washdown pump, then the washdown switch on the helm panel is on. Troubleshoot by turning off all DC switches except the master and then turn on the FW switch and open a tap. If it happens with the helm panel switch, then someone has added wires to that panel or there is a short in the back of the main electronics panel in the cabin. Not likely. Check all the switches, particularly the washdown and baitwell switches on the helm panel.

Fishtales

Reaction score
quick way to tell is open a fw spicket and see if it comes out. i think a stuck breaker on while possible isn't as likely as something else.

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
I guess we should never ASSUME that a boat owner knows the difference (or how to check!) between raw water and fresh water... ;)

But... if you checked every switch as you said you did to make sure they're off, how was the washdown switch still on?

cbunas

Reaction score
My shower sump pump failed in the open position. Was always running when DC breaker was on. Replaced the float switch (Rule $40) and its fixed. Maybe not exactly related but switches definitely fail in open or closed position.