2016 GW Freedom 275

viperdrum

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
We have moved from a 208 to a 225, now to a 2016 Freedom 275 . Loved 225, but with a big family it was getting tight. It's at dealer now.

Here are a couple of shots at the dealer (Southeastern Marine). Dealer tells me there are some nice changes, including being roomier.

Hope to have her in the water soon.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 4,962
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 4,962

mboyatt

Reaction score
What a beast. Great looking Grady. I love the hard top!

Dogfish

Reaction score
LOVE THE BOAT- IT LOOKS REALLY GREAT!- Currently running a 2006 Tournament 225. Wife and four kids, we are experiencing the same dilemma. I am curious as to what the changes for the 2016 are. Is it really roomier? Currently looking at a 2015 275 dealer is offering a decent price. We go back and forth. I am not sure we are getting that much more cockpit space and seating with the 275 but I am sure it will handle better with the eurotransom, twin 200's and added weight and length. The beam isn't that substantial of an upgrade at only 8'6".
The cost of these things is through the roof so I want to make sure we are getting something bigger and better for the $. Any more pictures?

ocnslr

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
Congratulations on the new Grady.

Good hull design. We ran 160nm yesterday, out to the Norfolk Canyon and back.

Brian

PMD 205

Reaction score
The top deck is entirely new. Single captains chair(no more large electric seat that most dealers were opting for) with more room focused on the port side seating which is now wider. Directly in front of the port side seat there is a sort of "media area" a place to put your cell phones, tablets etc with 2 usb charging outlets. Retractable ski pylon. The Helm is all new, completely different gauge and switch layout. The sink/grill/fridge area has been turned and is up against the side of the boat which helps to open up the cockpit area. Thru hull anchor windlass.

Dogfish

Reaction score
Not sure I'm understanding your wider seating comment,
Please clarify. Do you have your port and starboard mixed up
Or is there really a media center In front of the bench seat?

Dogfish

Reaction score
Ok- I got it from David at Grady White. The PORT side seating is a touch wider. The starboard captain's electric bench seat is gone in favor of the Deluxe III. Plug in station is on Port side next to or in front of Navigators seat. The rest is correct. The wet bar turned, the anchor is thru hull, the ski pylon is recessed. Nothing too radical, just smart changes.

PMD 205

Reaction score
Sorry about that, I got that mixed up.(i will go back and edit the post) It was pretty late when I posted that.... :bang

Yes, the PORT side seating is now wider.

viperdrum

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
And no wood in the boat at all I am told.

The moving of the wet bar makes sense to me although it's my first 275. Got the fridge-- hope it works well.

Just put it in water with dealer and went maybe two miles. Seems very solid. The tell me the gauge set up is different. Maybe I can get pics.

I am just glad it fit in my boathouse. Close call.

viperdrum

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
More pics-- I hope. Have not used it much but sure feels much bigger than my 225.

Still getting used to twins and keeping attitude of boat steady.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 4,563
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 4,565
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 4,564

Dogfish

Reaction score
Thanks for posting the pics. Keep em coming! Enjoy the boat.

Dogfish

Reaction score
I really like this boat. The new pictures on the website help. Thinking of pulling the trigger on this one soon.
Any help with cost that you paid would be appreciated. They are so vague when it comes to this. You can pm me
if it's more comfortable. Thanks in advance.

captn

Reaction score
Congrats on the new boat. I have a 2013 285 w/ 300's we got new. They've come a long way in a few years. They've taken some great design ideas from whaler. When we purchased ours we actually had them do a few custom things we saw that whaler had. But the GW was just a better fit and better ride we felt with so much more storage and better design.

Is the port side seat wide enough for two now? Hard to tell. It's the only thing we wish we had.

Anyways we have. 4 year old and moved up from a 22' Sea Hunt and have never looked back. Absolutely amazing ride, economical even with the twin 300's for us. We can go skinny (enough) with it for inshore and feel plenty safe off shore. We use it year round in Florida with the curtains up full time.

Long time visited to site but don't see much talk on the Freedom models so good to see.

You will love it. We've racked 300 hours in under two years.

pmic

Reaction score
I have a 2015 Freedom 275 with twin 200 also. My boat list to the port side 3 degrees / 5 inches until you trim the engines up , I was told this was acceptable by Grady White.I would like to know if your boat or any 275 that you have rode in has the same traits ?

akilbourne

Reaction score
I also have a 2015 GW Freedom 275. It also lists to Port always, regardless of load. I always have to use about 1 "dot" of tab to bring down the starboard side. It can get worse with lots of people but I am constantly screwing with the trim tabs even with just two people on the boat. I would think the 2016 would be worse given they moved more weight to the Port side. Its my only complaint about my boat.

Dogfish

Reaction score
Viperdrum, i am curious about how you are enjoying your new boat. I am still thinking of purchasing the 275.
Have you resolved the listing issue? Do you like the way the twins handle? Any helpful information would be great before I purchase.
Why didn't you go with the 255 from the 225? Was it not enough length?
Thanks sorry for all the questions...