2017 Freedom 205 Water under port bow storage

edge8970

Reaction score
Model
Freedom 205
This is my first Grady and is new to me, I’m not new to boats. Love it so far. I just noticed a pocket of water under the port bow storage compartment. I did just clean it and got a bit of rain last night. I would think it would drain since it seems there is a drainage hole? There is also lots of loose fiberglass and foam floating around. Anyone have any advice or input? I’m just gonna suck the water out for now. Thank you!

Yamama04107

Reaction score
Model
Freedom 255
I assume you mean to say that there is a pocket of water IN the port storage compartment. Sometimes those drain holes get clogged. shoot water in that drain hole with a spray nozzle to make sure it's running free.

edge8970

Reaction score
Model
Freedom 205
Tha
I assume you mean to say that there is a pocket of water IN the port storage compartment. Sometimes those drain holes get clogged. shoot water in that drain hole with a spray nozzle to make sure it's running free

edge8970

Reaction score
Model
Freedom 205
Thanks for the reply. The water was actually in a pocket under the storage compartment. I had to open the access porthole to even see it. There is drainage in the pocket that I’ll try to snake or put some air down it. Just curious if it’s a known problem.

seasick

Reaction score
If you see pieces of fiberglass floating around you can be pretty certain that the drain is probably blocked

Halfhitch

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I had an earlier model 205 and the bow storage compartments had drain channels just under the lids. If I kept the bow raised a bit it drained fine onto the deck but if the bow was level or down a bit, the water would spill over into the compartment. You didn't say if it's on a trailer or in the water so you may not be able to adjust the attitude.

igblack87

Reaction score
Model
Fisherman 222
I had a similar issue with my 2006 222, fresh water would collect in a "pocket" (against inner hull and stringer) under the bow fish boxes...ended up being the caulking on my access ports deteriorating. Check the adhesion between deck and port hole access. Also, like others said...could be a blocked drain or the clamp holding the drain tube coming loose.

Good luck!

Last edited:

Capt Tom

Reaction score
Model
Freedom 205
I have a 2011 205 Freedom and I can confirm this compartment is far from watertight. Wish It was because this is the storage for the lifejackets and curtains.