2020 Yamaha F250 prop on 226

Halfhitch

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
The way I change mounting holes does not include removing or lifting the engine. Here is my method. Level the trailer frame using the tongue jack. Adjust trim/tilt to get the motor fairly plumb. Use wooden blocks or similar to block tight under the skagg. Remove the two top bolts from the bracket. Loosen the two bottom nuts till you can see 1/8 inch clearance or more. If the installer has filled the bolt slot full of silicone, slide a knife down each side of the slot and scrape the silicone out. With the bottom nuts loosened but still on the bolt have a helper ( I use my wife) crank the trailer tongue up slowly while you watch the bolts as the transom moves down. If you are raising the motor then you may need to tap down on the bolts with a piece of wood or rubber mallet if they bind at all. When you line up the desired bracket hole with the transom hole, install the top bolts. Tighten them partially, like 20 foot pounds torque. Tighten the bottom nuts to 20 foot pounds. Let the trailer tongue down till the skagg is clear of the blocking. Finish tightening all bolts to 40 foot pounds. Too much torque will crush the transom core. After your first trip recheck the torque.

Reactions: Lite Tackle