2021 228?

Summertop511

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Saw this video on the interwebs and the guy doesn’t say what year it is but I really like that dash he has for his electronics. Or maybe that’s how Australians model seafarers are?

wrxhoon

Reaction score

luckydude

Reaction score
Website
mcvoy.com
Model
Seafarer
Saw this video on the interwebs and the guy doesn’t say what year it is but I really like that dash he has for his electronics. Or maybe that’s how Australians model seafarers are?

I have the 2020 version of that boat and like it. It took me a while to warm up to the boat, I came from center consoles, but I grew to love the 228, it is a good boat and a good looking boat.

I'm surprised he went with Simrad, must be something good there because the boat comes with the Yamaha display which is just a 7 inch Garmin with a Yamaha app on it. You swipe it and you are on a Garmin. I liked that because I took the boat out before I put electronics on it, you can see where I went on the Yamaha display. So I did all Garmin and my electronics guy was so happy, he said Garmin is head and shoulders above the rest. Be curious to see what you all think.

I'm also curious about the upgrades. That brown stuff on the deck, is that for show or is that better than the stock decks? By better I don't mean looks better, I mean does it wash off better. If it looks better and is more work, no thanks, if it is less work, hook me up. I spend so much time washing my boat.

The thing above the baitwell, I like it, where do you get one of those? I did a similar thing, sort of, I mounted a 5 rod holder on the back of the transom and I love it. I want rods out of the way when we are under way. The 228 I have has rod holders forward from the baitwell, I don't like that, the lures are in your face and you have to go through them to get bait.

Nice boat.