2022 Freedom 235 electrical issues

Hookup1

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
Thanks for all your great ideas. The boat is still at the shop so I plan to share this information with the techs tomorrow morning. I’ll let you know what they say. Thanks again!!

So what happened?

Bailiwick255

Reaction score
I had similar issues with my 2022 Freedom 255. The port-side battery was constantly dead after the boat would sit longer than a week or two. The service department replaced 4 port side batteries.

I ran into my salesman at a boat show and told him the issue. He said that Grady had issued a service bulletin on the issue. He forwarded the service bulletin to the service department while we spoke. The Fusion stereo was direct/constant wired for quick power-on. The Fusion stereo was draining the battery. The fix was to replace the stereo harness. I haven't had a battery issue since (knock on wood).

The bulletin applied to boats shipped between April 2019 and June 2022. If the boat was shipped in July 2022 or later, the stereo harness was already fixed.

Reactions: FREEDOM!!!

TikiCharterFishing

Reaction score
Model
Freedom 235
The problem is the stereo memory power draw on battery #1. I installed a switch in the battery switch panel to turn off the stereo memory when I’m gonna store the boat more than a week. The Grady solution is not very desirable because the stereo memory is permanently disabled.

Attachments

• constant on switch.jpeg
    constant on switch.jpeg
    942.5 KB · Views: 9

Joe_C

Reaction score
Model
Freedom 225
I've had more dead batteries in my 2021 Freedom than I had on all previous watercraft - ever. I've become super-diligent about putting battery switch OFF every evening, and alternating 1/2 when I'm running on even/odd days. I put a charger on them every week or two without use during the season, and monthly during 4 months of winter storage. I'll probably install a charger and just leave it plugged in whenever boat is on the trailer.

TikiCharterFishing

Reaction score
Model
Freedom 235
I've had more dead batteries in my 2021 Freedom than I had on all previous watercraft - ever. I've become super-diligent about putting battery switch OFF every evening, and alternating 1/2 when I'm running on even/odd days. I put a charger on them every week or two without use during the season, and monthly during 4 months of winter storage. I'll probably install a charger and just leave it plugged in whenever boat is on the trailer.
Fix stereo memory issue. No more battery problems . . .

FREEDOM!!!

Reaction score
Model
Freedom 235
Just curious, is there a plug in adaptor that can be installed? I have a power outlet on my dock and was wondering about just plugging the thing in when not in use, especially in the winter when it sits there for long periods.

Coastboater

Reaction score
Marinco makes a bulkhead fitting for plugging in an extension cord. I installed one recently to power a dual bank NOCO Genius charger.

TikiCharterFishing

Reaction score
Model
Freedom 235
Just curious, is there a plug in adaptor that can be installed? I have a power outlet on my dock and was wondering about just plugging the thing in when not in use, especially in the winter when it sits there for long periods.
I hate drilling holes in my boat so I mounted a 120 volt inlet in the inspect plate by the rear seat on the port side. Works great and reachable from outside the boat.IMG_1854.jpeg

Last edited: