208 Adventure Cabin door

grossjas

Reaction score
I just bought a new to me 2003 208 Adventure, it is in very nice shape with little use. My issue is the cabin door. I believe there must have been some strap or latch to keep the door in the fully open postion. At this point there is nothing at all and I don't know what was there originally. Any help or pics would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in Advance!

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
Depending on the year, it may have been as simple as a short strap attached above the door and then it would stretch down to a snap on the door when it's in the open position. Are there any snaps there? Or maybe holes where a snap used to be?

grossjas

Reaction score
I think the way it was previously held open in the "Open" position is with a velcro strap, it has a chrome "screen door" type latch to keep it closed. Does this seem right??

seasick

Reaction score
grossjas said:
I think the way it was previously held open in the "Open" position is with a velcro strap, it has a chrome "screen door" type latch to keep it closed. Does this seem right??
As stated above, my 2001 also has a clear vinyl strap that is attached to the left side of the helm and gets stretched over the two pieces of the door. It snaps onto a snap on the door. You need something to hold BOTH panels of the door.

Fishtales

Reaction score
I think this is the GW part number. See a dealer.
10-554 Cabin Door Snap Strap