208 Adventure Speaker Placement

TJM

Reaction score
Model
Adventure
I ordered a new Adventure 208 with a hardtop. I'm planning my electronics package and cant figure out the best place for speaker placement. I would prefer to flush mount them although I'm not opposed to bracket mounting them if I have to. Any ideas from 208 owner would be appreciated. Thank you

Ky Grady

GreatGrady Captain
Staff member
Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
I have a 228, so a little bigger. I have 2 mounted in my inspection plates on the front of the boxes and 2 on brackets at the helm on each side. They work well and are clean and out of the way.
20200407_205950.jpg20200407_205401.jpg20200407_204809.jpg

TJM

Reaction score
Model
Adventure
I have a 228, so a little bigger. I have 2 mounted in my inspection plates on the front of the boxes and 2 on brackets at the helm on each side. They work well and are clean and out of the way.
View attachment 17912View attachment 17913View attachment 17914
That is a very good idea. I never thought of mounting them in the inspection plate. I have a livewell on the one side, do you have much clearance behind the plates? I'm thinking a shallow speaker may be needed.

Ky Grady

GreatGrady Captain
Staff member
Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
On mine, I have plenty of room behind them. When yours comes in, pop the plates out and take a look. With one being a livewell, might have a pump behind that cover, still, I think you will be able to mount a speaker with no issues.

TJM

Reaction score
Model
Adventure
On mine, I have plenty of room behind them. When yours comes in, pop the plates out and take a look. With one being a livewell, might have a pump behind that cover, still, I think you will be able to mount a speaker with no issues.
Thanks for the advice. What a great idea.

seasick

Reaction score
I think there is only one inspection plate on the 208 on the seat bases.
To a certain extent, the speaker placement depends on where you will be when listening. If you are going to be aft fishing, I might lean towards hardtop mounted speakers or even aft mounted on the outside bottom of the lockers.
Regardless, make sure you know the depth needed and the depth available in each locker

TJM

Reaction score
Model
Adventure
I think there is only one inspection plate on the 208 on the seat bases.
To a certain extent, the speaker placement depends on where you will be when listening. If you are going to be aft fishing, I might lean towards hardtop mounted speakers or even aft mounted on the outside bottom of the lockers.
Regardless, make sure you know the depth needed and the depth available in each locker
That might be true Seasick. I have a pic of a new 208 but only of the starboard side and it does show the inspection plate. Not sure of the port side but the livewell is on port so im thinking it may have one for access. Ill probably call Grady and ask them. I've made a few calls to them already and they are great to deal with.

Blaugrana

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
KY - Where is the head unit for your speakers? If in the Hardtop, do you have the individual speaker wires running up or the cable from the unit going down?

Debating how best to run anNMEA Cable and have basically no room on the starboard side pipe due to the radio and also a radar running down, two thick white cables

Ky Grady

GreatGrady Captain
Staff member
Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Mounted up in electronics box on hardtop. Individual wires ran to each speaker.
20171220_111817-755x755.jpg

Jzeno186

Reaction score
Model
Gulfstream

Ky Grady

GreatGrady Captain
Staff member
Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
I used this. Flipped it over and mounted VHF bracket on top. Snaked the speaker wires down the hardtop tube to the speakers.

Screenshot_20210213-153716_Chrome.jpg

Reactions: Jzeno186

KingJ

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
The rear inspection hatches under the aft seats is a wet area for speakers. I’d opt for the pic in the cockpit - or for sure hung from the hardtop seems the safest- most enduring place to put speakers.