208 Bow Pulpit Install Instructions

smontgomery

Reaction score
Looking for printed/pdf install instructions for the GW factory bow pulpit kit.

It's for my 95 208.

I have it all laid out. Looks pretty straightforward. Still would like to follow some instructional steps and there were none in the box with that HEFTY piece of fiberglass.

The GW factory is closed this week for the 4th. Go figure. Just the perfect week I had to install it. They are always very helpful. Nobody's home.

Maybe one of you Great Grady'ers who has done this before has some instructions I could get via email quickly?

Thanks.

BobP

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
A buddy of mine bought same kit many years ago, for same boat, I recall him saying the kit had instructions with it, may be wrong.

fsc60

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
bow pulpit

I have a 98 208 and just installed the pulpit. Grady provided no instructions for me. I'm a mechanic and it wasn't hard just time consuming. I have some tips. First remove the hardware that is in the way(cleat and chocks). With the boat on the trailer I put a 6' ladder in front of the boat and then used blocks of wood to support the pulpit. This allowed me to center the pulpit and get it where I wanted it. I made some pencil marks around it so I knew if it moved. If you look close at the top of the pulpit there are spots in the finish to show you where to drill all the holes. Then drill the holes to mount it. I always drill one hole at a time and insert a bolt to keep it in place. When your ready to install it, a helping hand is great. I did it alone and it was a challenge. They gave me 3 tubes for the caulk gun. I used 5200 under the pulpit where it would not be seen. Then I put the almond silicone under the edge of the pulpit so it would squeeze out all around the edge and I smoothed it out after the pulpit was bolted. Be sure to get a good seal under the front of the pulpit to the bow. Thats not easy.
Time for the bow rail.
To loosen the allen set screws you have to heat them with a heat gun because they are Loctited. Take apart more of the bow rail than you think you need to because you don't want to bend anything and when your done it should sit there by itself you don't want any pressure pulling on it.
I cut to bow rail under the middle of the tee with a hacksaw. The new rail had to be spread alittle to get it to fit properly. Grady did not provide the vertical supports they are 7/8" stainless tubeing. Again the holes are marked to locate where to put the bases for the supports. It is tricky to keep this all together before its bolted. I thru bolted all the hardware, you might find some of the nuts and bolts are missing. If you need to buy any make sure its 316 stainless utherwise it will rust. Watch the chocks for the bow line they are marked left and right. Take your time and make sure everything is staight and centered. I also did a windlass at the same time, drill those holes before you bolt down the pulpit. Look for wires under the deck for the lights. dont drill thru them. Email me at fsc60@sbcglobal.net and I will email some pics that might help. They are not from my boat but were a big help.

Reactions: Koz54

langski93

Reaction score
Bow Rail Needed

The first section of bow rail on the port side of my 208 is bent and I would like to replace. Since you are installing a new rail for your pulpit do you have the old one? I would be willing to purchase it from you. Let me know thanks.
I can be PM'd at langski93@aol.com

Langski