208 kicker install

ric2352

Reaction score
Picked up a9.9 Yami 4stroke long shaft. Want to mount it on my 208 and want to use a fixed bracket, not one of those folding thingys. Anyone done this? What bracket did you use and where did you mount it? Seems the area of available transom height inside is limited....looking at the port side, removing the swim step. Thanks! Pics would be helpful.....

derx2

Reaction score
I used the Garelick 71090 mount, rated to hold 30HP/ 130-lbs. I used a piece of 2" thick starboard/UHMW to move the mount away from the transom. As you can see the tiller handle is still a little close to the transom.

I talked to a guy at the Coast last year who bought one of the GW factory trolling motor mounts. The ones that look like a 6" diameter pipe with a 10" x 10" piece of plate steel welded on each end. He said it was pretty expensive from GW the parts department.

here is my set up:

BCLII

Reaction score
Here is how i rigged my GW 205 with a T-8 kicker. I too moved the swim platform to the starboard side. I also replaced my sleeper lounge with another captain chair. I have absolutely no use for that lounge. I've rigged many boats over the years, in my small marine shop. I used a Panther Marine model 35 and fixed it in the full extended position. I added a panther marine T5 electric auto steer on it. The jury is still out on the steering as they replaced three motors all ready. Found another company, but that's another story. PM me your email as the site wont let me upload pictures because the "board attachment quota has been reached"
Byron

solson

Reaction score
Here is a link to the fixed motor mount I used on my 208 for a high thrust 9.9 yami (long shaft). Sorry I don't have any pics. I removed the swim platform (port side) so I could mount the bracket where the swim platform was. I mounted it on the port side because I wanted ithe trolling motor on the opposite side of the batteries to help with balance. Little expensive but well worth it.

http://adventuremarine.ca/boat-accessor ... acket.html

Here is another fixed motor mount by saltboss on a 208

http://www.saltbossmarine.com/GradyWhiteMount.html

ric2352

Reaction score
Thanks all. I bought the AdventureMarine unit....nice piece of work and a reasonable price. Will be mounting it in the next few days. Was hoping to see some pics from inside the transom of the backing plate position.....we'll figure it out!

ric2352

Reaction score
OK...it's done. Lots of work involved, but think it came out fine. I troll a lot. Should save lots of fuel and time on the 200.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    184.8 KB · Views: 2,446

Webby208

Reaction score
Did the Adventure marine bracket line up to the holes that were left after the removal of the platform? Did you guys have to get fibergalss work done? If so can you give me any details into what it cost? Thanks,

Jon

ric2352

Reaction score
Webby208 said:
Did the Adventure marine bracket line up to the holes that were left after the removal of the platform? Did you guys have to get fibergalss work done? If so can you give me any details into what it cost? Thanks,

Jon
5 new holes for the bracket. Holes left by the swim platform were small....filled them with silicone til I can have them properly gelcoated. Got the barely used 2001 engine for $1000.....bracket and backing plate was$380.00....remote throttle control was $200.00. Installed all myself, no glass work necessary.

Reactions: Pighunter

Jzeno186

Reaction score
Model
Gulfstream
5 new holes for the bracket. Holes left by the swim platform were small....filled them with silicone til I can have them properly gelcoated. Got the barely used 2001 engine for $1000.....bracket and backing plate was$380.00....remote throttle control was $200.00. Installed all myself, no glass work necessary.
How are you steering with your kicker ? And did you use the troll master for throttle control?

glacierbaze

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
You are asking a question on a 6 year old thread. Search "Kicker install", lots of threads and pictures. Here's a 'newer' one, only 4 years old, but recent replies, 5 pages and lots of pictures.

Jzeno186

Reaction score
Model
Gulfstream
OK...it's done. Lots of work involved, but think it came out fine. I troll a lot. Should save lots of fuel and time on the 200.
Do you have power trim tilt ? I like this bracket but I don’t have it