208 mods

trapper

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Hi guys, thanks for the help on getting photos to the big screen. Here is a couple of mods I have done to my 208. Made up a cleaning table from starboard (could not get the exact color match but close). It has 2 positions in height and doubles very well as a sound baffle from the Yamy.It folds on a couple of locking stainless steel brackets. I have 2 aluminium stiffeners fastened to the front and midsection of the table.
I went to white board for flush mounting my GPS, personal choice,find the units get hot enough in the sun without a black back drop. Put the mounting plate on the same hinges as the original cover. A spring holds it open to access the storage area, mostly for electronic manuals and charts books. Anyway thought I would share this with the group, and will try and contribute more to this very helpful site in the future. Cheers, trapper

IMG_2140.JPG
IMG_2142.JPG
IMG_2138.JPG
IMG_2137.JPG

suzukidave

Reaction score
nice job getting it to the point you can flush mount electronics and still use the storage behind.

do you have the smaller lowrance unit set up so that it can pivot up and down?

trapper

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Hi again, suzukidave, the larger GPS is the Lowrance HDS7 and the smaller one I believe has 5 inch screen. I think with a little manipulation you could replace the two with one 10 inch screen. Maybe nest year. Cheers, trapper

timo14

Reaction score
I made a cleaning table over the splashwell on my 204c. I made it out of wood last winter as a template, and was going to make a couple modifications and fabricate it out of Starboard this winter. I'd love to see a couple more photos of yours, especially from the side to see how it hinges. Might give me some more ideas before I fabricate my permanent table.

trapper

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
timo14, I'll try and get some photos of the hinges, side and back to give you a better idea. Cheers, trapper

trapper

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Hi SC, No issues. I put it down to run as it is a great engine sound baffle. The hinges are good to 150 or more lbs. Up or down there is no movement on WOT. Cheers trapper