208 owners

SmokyMtnGrady

Reaction score
Biscayne - what a nice set up you have there. That is sweet!

billyttpd

Reaction score
I bought a preloved 208 and I never regretted it....everytime i think about a bigger one I think about how good my '96 208 has been to me. I plan on upgrading to a hardtop and full enclosure but might settle to a radar arch to mount rods spreader lights and antenae and keep using my bimini and enclosure because both are in good shape. I repowered the boat after I bought it....Ive been more than pleased with my 208. someone alled the 208 a pocket battleship which is a good description. Ive been in some weather on mine and she is rock solid

mertzy

Reaction score
I "stole" my 1998 208 from a motivated seller last year to replace my 18' cc. The family loves it and feels much safer in it, like others have posted I will hold onto it until I can afford a much larger Express.

IMG_0322.jpg

Has anybody pulled the vinyl material off the dash on these 1990's 208's? I'm hoping they're fiberglass like the newer models b/c I'm considering an alteration which includes pulling that whole "pod," cutting out the dash face, and rebuilding it for flush-mount electronics.

qbfishon

Reaction score
Id like to become a 208 owner I sold my 25 sailfish, So im looking for a 208 around 15k thanks qb in Michigan

todd0915

Reaction score
Hay trapper,my 1997 208 is my first grady,hope to move up some day but really happy now with this boat,tore it apart needed to do some remodeling,interior lookiong old and faded googled the look of a new boat and changed the interior colors,also changed the dash and all the interior trim.I will try top post some pics,got so wraped up that i really didn't take any before shots hope to have some new shots available soon,boat looks new and with that new f200 yamaha it's a sweet runner.Todd

qbfishon

Reaction score
Hello I just bought a 99 208 from Georgia. It took me 13 months to find the right Grady after I sold my 25 Sailfish. I look forward to the summer on the Great Lakes fishing and diving in my new 208. Quinn

NGBGary

Reaction score
Just reading the posts by Grady Crazy and Daman. Guys, I just bought a home in Georgetown, SC and hope to buy another Grady soon. I had a 1987 Overnighter 20 and it was great! My plan is to get a newer 208 at some point. What marina are you in. It looks like you haven't painted your bottoms so I'm thinking the dry rack storage marina near downtown? How is it?

Grady_Crazy

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
We both keep our boats in dry stack at The Boat Shed downtown and it is great Tom Bellune and his crew really take care of us. Daman has bottom paint but mine doesn't, really don't like it. Check out their website www.theboatshedinc.com.

NGBGary

Reaction score
Grady_Crazy said:
We both keep our boats in dry stack at The Boat Shed downtown and it is great Tom Bellune and his crew really take care of us. Daman has bottom paint but mine doesn't, really don't like it. Check out their website http://www.theboatshedinc.com.

I am looking at two 228s next week in the Georgetown area. Can you recommend a good surveyor? Will keep the boat at The Boat Shed, if Tom has space.

todd0915

Reaction score
hi trapper.saw your post and i nave a 208 .so far i love it i re did everything and at this point i have some questions about a few items about the boat.re power with 200 four stroke yamaha and weight issues.any help out there.i think that the 208 is a great boat so far .97,

Grady_Crazy

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
NGBGary said:
Grady_Crazy said:
We both keep our boats in dry stack at The Boat Shed downtown and it is great Tom Bellune and his crew really take care of us. Daman has bottom paint but mine doesn't, really don't like it. Check out their website http://www.theboatshedinc.com.

I am looking at two 228s next week in the Georgetown area. Can you recommend a good surveyor? Will keep the boat at The Boat Shed, if Tom has space.

I have heard the only surveyor is in Charleston but i don't know a name. Try Clay Livingston for info.

843-458-5912
clivingston@carolinaboatbrokerage.com