208 Switch Panel Upgrade w/ Pics

Walkers Edge

Reaction score
Thought I would share my latest upgrade.
Last weekend I stumbled across this gem at a local marine junk store. Its a prewired rocker switch and breaker panel direct from a Grady dealer for my exact model except brand new. I had called Grady last summer to have one of these made because I was having constant problems with the switches and breakers failing (by this point I had replaced just about all of them) but delined due to the $600+ price tag.
85733483.jpg

Downloaded the wiring diagrams and cut all the harness plugs off bacause they are a major source of electrical frustration as they deteriorate over time. Mapped out the sources and inconsistencies attributed to the 10 year age difference in the current and new panel.
d30185d1.jpg

Heat shrunk butt connectors all the way around and mounted it back up. Looks and works like brand new. Definitely the best $100 i've spent on this boat.....ever.
082ca112.jpg

Taken before tidying up the wires and replacing the panels.
8a9a6c59.jpg

It really updates the boats look, now there is no more fake wood trim anywhere on board.

Parthery

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Care to share where you found it, and did they have any more?

Walkers Edge

Reaction score
It was Seachest in Riviera Beach, they had another one that was a brand new one from my year (looks exactly like the one I removed but never installed). I think there was one more current grady panel but i didnt recognize the layout.

westar

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Tournament 275
Wow! Looks great. Nice work. Would love to replace all of the wood trim on my 208.

antaris

Reaction score
Here's one lucky captain! Good stuff!

Out goes the fake wood (I hate it, too, just waiting for the right time to replace) - in comes the fake carbon fiber!!! :dance

vpichem

Reaction score
Need to do the same for my boat. Where did you get the wiring diagram from??

If I just replace the rocker switches, do you leave the old ceramic piece that is behind the black rubber button?

What is the function of this ceramic part and black button anyway?

Thanks,

Charlie
208 Adventurer :<><

antaris

Reaction score
The ceramic parts are automatic fuses. If they're still operational toy may re-wire them and use them. Some people claim that they're unreliable. The rubber buttons are reset buttons for when the fuse trips.

In my case, though, the previous owner of my boat replaced them with blade fuses... That way you no longer need the ceramic part nor the rubber button.

fullphase

Reaction score
wow....nice Job. Mine is in rough shape also, I need to replace that crappy looking wood and I took it apart and looked in behind and it was not pretty! I am looking for to do an overhaul. Any ideal where I guy can find a full panel like Walkers Edge installed? I suppose if I guy has it all pulled apart, he may as well change all the switches and connections......any thoughts, tips, ideas are much appreciated!

thanks in advance!

steveditt

Reaction score
A few years back removed the brown dash and side panels had them painted GW off white ,I wasn't a fan of the brown .

Dublin

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Walkers Edge
Great find and job. Do you still have your old panel? I am in Hobe Sound and would like to see if it is the same as the one in my 226. It sure looks like it.

Attachments

• IMG_0682.jpg
    IMG_0682.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 22