208 thru hull replacement

ibgary

Reaction score
Website
www.mypacificrealty.com
I just spent an hour searching the topic here and have not found the answer so here I go: My 1989 Onighter has a cracked plastic thru hull on port side that drains fishbox and helm deck. How in the world do you access the fitting, it seems humanly impossible. :bang Also will be replacing the starboard thru hull. Any advice will be appreciated!

TXDeer5layer

Reaction score
I've got the same problem, mine is the scupper by the drivers chair, the pipe that connects to the thru hull fitting so water can drain over the side has broken off so that the pipe is just dangling about .25 inch from the plastic fitting allowing water to get into the bilge...

cdwood

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
If your 89 is the same as my 85 you can remove the drawers and the box that they fit in. With the entire drawer casing removed you will have plenty of access.

cdwood

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
When I did the s/b side I installed a large access hatch, Let me know if you need pics.

ibgary

Reaction score
Website
www.mypacificrealty.com
Thanks all, progress report!

After removing the port tackle drawers access has been gained, just need about 5 more inches of arm length and I am there. The starboard side was more of a bear than expected, at 1 point I came up for air and their was blood smeared everywhere. A true knuckle, elbow and arm buster. Accesed via panel forward of helm seat pedestal.

Tips and tools: borrow or find open end wrench for thru hull nuts, longer than 6" shorter than 12, a magnet for when you drop same in hull. Not sure what to call it but a ratchet that is like a ball that fits in your palm for new clamps. New hose, you'll have to cut old to remove. Bandaids and rag, patience.

Heading to Baja for the tuna bite in an hour , let the wounds heal and will tackle the port fitting next weekend!

ibgary

Reaction score
Website
www.mypacificrealty.com
Job complete. After measuring my armpit to fingertip I was at 27". My fishing partner measured in at 34", that is what it took for the final fitting to be secured thru the tackle drawer area. I found the drawer guides (not original) for the tackle drawers at Rockler.com. Sea trial tomorrow to verify no water getting inside the bilge and test a 4 blade S/S prop. Finally! :dance

ibgary

Reaction score
Website
www.mypacificrealty.com
A great day on the water and it all stayed out of the boat! and the Chargers won! And the prop test cost me some more dough! (See propeller test thread just started.) We need to get together sometime to check out the rigs.

iavaronej

Reaction score
Hi I also have a 1989 overnighter, I see that you installed leaning cushions on the sides of the gunnel and i would like to know where you purchased them