208 washdown question

MA208

Reaction score
I have a 2007 208, new to me this year. Based on the excellent 209 discussion previously, I decided I should know where my seacocks are. The livewell one is located on the starboard side of the aft bilge (under the motor tilt plate), and the owners manual states that the raw water one should be in the aft bilge as well, but I really can't find one. I do have the freshwater washdown (option?). I assumed raw water washdown was standard. Would this be correct, or is it possible there is none. For switches I have water pressure, for the fresh water. I don't see a washdown switch. I am not sure where the washdown faucet outlet is, but I don't see it readily....
Thanks!

DUUUUUG

Reaction score
If your boat is on a trailer, look under the boat and see if you have two water inlet strainers, one would be opposite the hull of the Livewell Seacock, the other would be the one you are looking for. Like you said, you might not have a second water inlet since you have the Fresh Water Wash Down. My 209 did not include the fresh water washdown I do have a second water inlet with a seacock for the raw water washdown.
Also, I have seen a fresh water wash down that is actually a hand held shower head on top of the gunnel rear left corner of the boat.

seasick

Reaction score
Raw water washdown was an option. If you have it, you will have a hose bib like fitting on the side of the prot rear locker (oil tank locker) as well as a [ump in that locker and a seacock under the motor well.

MA208

Reaction score
Thanks for the quick replies. I do have the shower head on the port side of the stern, for fresh water. Boat is in the water now for the season, but my only guess is that I do not have this option. The owners manual makes it sound like it is standard, but I guess not.

Daman858

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
If there is only one sea cock, you do not have the raw water wash down feature which is an option. If you did have it, you would have a white coiled hose with a spray nozzle that is part of the option and the hose connection would be on the port side beneath the rear seat. There would also be a labeled switch on the panel.

Good luck with your 208! Great boat!