209 Escape rigging questions

Tucker

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Gents,
My current rigging is really ghetto with all the hoses and cables zip tied together. I'd like to rig with that corrugated TH Marine stuff. Problem is the hole in motor well with all the rigging coming through also has the steering cable going through it. What is usually done with the steering cable? What kind of rigging you guys run?

Tucker

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Ok, moving this to the top. Anybody got any pics of their motor well? I'm going to do something about this soon, looks like crap.

cedarholm

Reaction score
I think my 1993 Escape has 2 corrugated covers.

Steering cover is smaller.

I converted my steering to Sea Star hydraulic steering.

Can't check now, boat is in Upper Peninsula of Michigan.

Are you using the sliced covers with zipstrips?

Tucker

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Thanks, I was afraid of that. I hate to cut another hole in the motor well. I plan on using the corregated rigging hose with the bulkhead fitting and get the proper motor fitting from Yamaha. Right now all cables and hoses are exposed and zip tied coming through 1-hole in the starboard side of the motor well. I'd like to see some pics of how the new ones are done but there's no Grady dealer close by.

cedarholm

Reaction score
I don't think you need to cut another hole in well.

Are you thinking of converting to hydraulic steering in future?

Dress up best you can, but I wouldn't cut another hole.(Grady didnt)

seabob4

Reaction score
Tucker said:
Gents,
My current rigging is really ghetto with all the hoses and cables zip tied together. I'd like to rig with that corrugated TH Marine stuff. Problem is the hole in motor well with all the rigging coming through also has the steering cable going through it. What is usually done with the steering cable? What kind of rigging you guys run?

Tucker,
Are you talking about "split-loom", or 2 1/2" rigging tube? With the rigging tube, simply cut a 3/4" hole in the tube once you have it threaded into the rigging port, then feed the steering cable out the hole far enough to have a good loop in it and reinsert through the tilt tube. That way the rest of your rigging runs through the tube into the motor, nice and clean. :D