222 Fisherman-Bow casting platform Fold-Down seat ??

melkat

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I have a new 222 on order and want to get some opinions on mounting a seat forward on the bowcasting platform.
The boat is primarily used for back bay drift fishing and I think it would come in handy from time to time. Seems like there is plenty of room forward of the center fish box to center a flush mount pedestal base. Would want seat and pedestal removable and base should be low profile as there are times the forward bow cushions would be used.
Any thoughts or input? Recommended manufacturers ? Thanks

jaydub

Reaction score
Melkat, I don't have an answer but I was thinking about doing the same thing to my 222, so I would be interested in any ideas anyone has. A forward seat would be really useful for fishing in Florida where these seats are used especially for tarpon fishing. I've looked at mine and it looks like there should be room, and like you, I want it removable and low profile so I can still use the bow cushions when I'm not using it. I was going to run it by some of the folks at the dealer down here and see if they have any suggestions.

jbukie

Reaction score
I own a 222 also and while i'm not looking to add a forward bow seat i figured i'd throw an idea out there.

What about a mount for a cooler seat? This would make the seat very quick and easy to remove, it would also provide storage, and with a cushion it works as a seat. Only problem might be the lack of a back rest.

Good luck with the project!

melkat

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Jaydub, If your dealer has a good suggestion please pass it on to me. Check out Springfield Marine seating and Garelick eez-in Co. they both have some possibilities.