222 livewell problem, what should i do?

jbukie

Reaction score
I have a 222 fisherman and i have the leaning post livewell. I bought the boat used and it originally didn't have the livewell but it was installed by the grady dealer i bought it from. Aparently it was a kit from the company.

Yesterday i noticed water coming from under the lean post. I checked the livewell and all the connections were good. What i did find was that the top of the livewell, the section inside the lean post had shattered. Water was overflowing into the lean post and bunker were flopping around in there as well. i drained the well, released thebunker and shut the sea cock but my question what should i do now to fix the problem?

Also the forward part of the livewell inside the lean post doesn't seem to be supported by anything. When full of water the bottom actually sits pretty close to the deck, possibly on the deck. Can i fix this myself? How involved is it? Should i take it back to the dealer? (this would not be easy as the dealer is far away and i have no trailer).

what are my options here?

Anybody else had this happen or heard of it happening?

Bama96

Reaction score
Mine was factory installed and it works perfectly. Seems to me the dealer that installed it may have damaged it during the install. How else would it have shattered? Unless the lack of support caused it to shift and break when the well was full. Either way I would call them and see if they could come get it or loan you a trailer to bring it back to them. I think they need to work with you on this to make it right.