222 model no livewell??

rick0520

Reaction score
Hi everyone, new user here, looking at maybe buying a used 222 fisherman but am shocked it has no live well. How could a boat model named fisherman make this an OPTION???? Before I do, is it possible to buy from GW dealers? Any idea the cost including pump? Thank you.

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
I know lot's of fisherman (and women) that do quite a lot of fishing but don't use a livewell. I've seen some Offshore models on lakes and I'd bet most Marlin owners have never caught a marlin. I suppose they could have made it a standard feature, but then the boat would have been more expensive to begin with. I'm sure the person who ordered the boat appreciated the fact that they didn't have to pay for something they didn't want - I doubt they cared much what some second or third owner wanted.

I'm sure anything is possible as far as adding it in the stock location. Finding out if the parts are available by asking your closest dealer would be a good first step. The plumbing/pump part is definitely doable - it's whether the livewell tub, itself, was custom and still available. Otherwise, you might look into alternate types of stand-a-lone livewells - there's a recent thread about this, too.

seasick

Reaction score
I see example of 222s for sale and they have a livewell behind the helm seat. What year hull are you referring to?

Capt Tom

Reaction score
Model
Freedom 205
I know when I bought my 205 used it was like crap, " no live well". The deal was just too good to pass up though and have learned to appreciate the cooler. I just use a insulated 5 gallon bait bucket when I am using live bait.

Byram

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sportsman
The older 222 had the live well in front of the console in the bench seat.