225 Tournament Anchor Size?

eppem

Reaction score
Get the largest one that fits and a long run of chain...bigger is always better with regard to anchor! Probably call for an 8 pounder but a 13 (if it fits), will make you much happier, especially if the wind or tide rip where you are.

Parthery

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Don't skimp on the chain...that makes a huge difference - particularly in rough water.

White Horses (Mike)

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
We use a fortress anchor in our locker - fits nicely with about 20 feet of chain. It is very light, but performs really well. I can not recall if it is an FX-7 or FX-11. I think it an 11 because I usually oversize things like this...

We have 250 feet of 1/2 braid, which is great because it is nice on you hands when hauling, but that much length does crowd the locker. Some folks have previously posted a great idea involving a length of pvc pipe in the locker which would provide a designated space for the anchor shaft. I haven't gotten that worked out yet, but I plan to this spring.

I kept the steel danforth that came with the boat in the starboard console locker with another bucket of line - I use it as a stern anchor at the beach, and it is always there as a spare.

White Horses (Mike)

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
We use a fortress anchor in our locker - fits nicely with about 20 feet of chain. It is very light, but performs really well. I can not recall if it is an FX-7 or FX-11. I think it an 11 because I usually oversize things like this...

We have 250 feet of 1/2 braid, which is great because it is nice on you hands when hauling, but that much length does crowd the locker. Some folks have previously posted a great idea involving a length of pvc pipe in the locker which would provide a designated space for the anchor shaft. I haven't gotten that worked out yet, but I plan to this spring.

I kept the steel danforth that came with the boat in the starboard console locker with another bucket of line - I use it as a stern anchor at the beach, and it is always there as a spare.

Bama96

Reaction score
Thanks guys. The guy I bought the boat from did not have one. I don't anchor offshore just inshore and at the beach. I guess I do need to get enough chain and rope to give me that option in an emergency. I will give them a call but I think you guys are right.

fishhrd

Reaction score
Bama, did you ever have a hard time holding with the anchor you had on the 222? The reason I ask is I had a hard time holding last year and plan to either get a bigger anchor or more chain or maybe even both.
Thanks,
Matt

Bama96

Reaction score
No it worked well. Just had a hard time getting it to stick. When it did it held well. That was inshore though in 50' or less. It was in strong current however. What was that one I can't remember? I know it only had about 10' of chain.

terescova

Reaction score
What is kept over barrelchest anchor runescape? In runescape, i have an anchor but i dont like it. if i die and it drops on my grave i get the 230k back, but no matter what i put i keep anchor, can someone tell me what i can have to lose anchor?

fishhrd

Reaction score
I called Grady White customer service yesterday and they told me the biggest fortress that would fit in the anchor box was a FX-11. They did a test with 3/8 line, 300 ft. and a fx-7 and that fit but they did not try rope when they used the fx-11.