225 Tournament Switch Panel Backlight Color & Tackle Box Options

CBH IV

Reaction score
Tearing into our new 2005 Tournament to try and get everything right before spring.

Question #1 - I am getting ready to order all replacement covers for the rocker switches, but I never popped one of the covers off to see if the back light in the switch itself is white or red. I know the lenses on the switches are red, but I need to replace one of the switches because the backlight is out.
I am ordering the laser etched switches from newwiremare.com which don't have colored lenses and only reflect whatever color the backlight is. I want to be sure I have the right backlight on the switch to match what is already existing in the panel.

Question #2 - The edges are broken on the 4 tray tackle box that is flush mounted in the helm console. Has anybody replaced or repaired this before and are happy with it? What options are out there that you would recommend. Seems like boatoutfitters.com has some good options but pricy!!

CBH IV

Reaction score
Anyone who has popped the rocker switch covers off that can answer this? I am assuming it is just a white indicator light behind the switch actuators?

seasick

Reaction score
If you have a switch that has a red lens, it probably has a white incandescent lamp. Replacement switches are available in incandescent or LED, In the LED case, the switch needed would be red and cover would be clear.

You need to know exactly what you have: There may be two lamps, an indicator lamp (which can be white or red) and a independent lamp used for backlighting. That also comes in red or white,
There should be a model number on the switch itself. That will tell you what it is.

06_Grady_225

Reaction score
Model
Tournament 225
Ha! subscribed.

I've been... Tearing into our new 2006 Tournament to try and get everything right before spring. :)

I didn't realize that new switch covers were available (didn't really have an answer for that, other than goofy labels)

My tackle box cabinet has exactly one actual plastic box.

(my motor's exhaust seems ok. boat has an older lowrance gps combo unit, so, looking at maybe the Elite Ti2 12" unit. should fit ok in the cubby and still leave some room for wallets/keys/sunglasses/etc.)

seasick

Reaction score
Question #2 - The edges are broken on the 4 tray tackle box that is flush mounted in the helm console. Has anybody replaced or repaired this before and are happy with it? What options are out there that you would recommend. Seems like boatoutfitters.com has some good options but pricy!!
Welcome to boating reality. Everything for boats is expensive:)
Your tackle box ( a picture might help) may be form molded or may be screwed together. In the latter case, if the guts of the box is OK and only the mounting flange is shot, it may be possible to fabricate a new bezel and reuse the guts. I can't say for certain though

06_Grady_225

Reaction score
Model
Tournament 225
20201212_121313.jpg
Not to hijack, but does it look like this?

CBH IV

Reaction score
Unfortunately the boat is 1-1/2 hours away and I didn't pop a switch cover off to get a good look. Fortunately, that is a quick job so I can just do it next time I am down to be sure.

06 - yes that is the exact box. The face of the frame is cracked and missing in the top right corner exposing the cutout in the console. I was thinking I might be able to fab up a new face frame out of starboard, but that is looking rather difficult. I am in the same "boat" as you. We just took ownership on Saturday and Saturday afternoon was spent tearing into it to get it right by April. Deck panel came up to pull out bad freshwater pump. I was lucky to be able to get the swollen Livewell pump head off without having to take that rear deck panel up. We were lucky as well and showed no signs of exhaust corrosion in the F225. Hatch gas spring here, bad light there. Nothing serious, just normal maintenance items on a boat that is 15 years old (that add up quickly $$$)

06_Grady_225

Reaction score
Model
Tournament 225
That red box is a Plano 964 StowAway Organizer rack, for 3600 size, 974 for 3700.
^^^ You, sir, Rock.

out of production?
One expensive option -
My red part is fine and it sounds like yours is too, but maybe the surround in the above thing would work?
Anyway, apparently the drawer size is 3700, hence the reference to "3700 size". Mine look a little different from that shown in the pic, but they are indicated 3700.
Again, since my boat came with only one insert, I just bought a set of four.

06_Grady_225

Reaction score
Model
Tournament 225
Where did you get the hatch spring? I think the starboard one (livewell) is questionable at best.

Curious, where was yours advertised? I bought the listed on boat trader, in Marion, MA. "Flygirl"

CBH IV

Reaction score
I got the shock from Boatoutfitters.com. This should take you to the right one (I needed the livewell one as well)

https://www.boatoutfitters.com/stainless-steel-gas-shock-10-inches

We found one for sale local here in VA. It was about 10 miles from our bay house. Worked out nicely and I really do think it will be the perfect boat for our use at the mouth of the Rappahannock out into the Chesapeake Bay.