226 Live Well Help

gonecoastal

Reaction score
We just purchased (July) a 1992 226 seafarer...

I Can not figure out the live well operation or which ones they are... I have a Live well switch in the cockpit but I see or here nothing when activated other than the light on the switch that does work.. I have no valves or tubes as sugested by my non grady boat owner friends... I thought the live wells are the two boxes in the rear one in front oil tank/battery (Port side) and one in front of the battery box (starbord) they have drains and I can see water in the bottom of the drain... They have a seat lid and both have a clear plexiglass tops too.

Anyone with this Grady I would appreciate some advice

Thanks

Ron
Gone Coastal

bigk23surf

Reaction score
My boat has the same livewell switch but there is no livewell. I think the switch is there no matter what and I'm guessing you don't have a livewell.

GT

Reaction score
I have the same boat. No livewell installed from factory. The switch titled 'livewell' controls the salt water washdown pump (hose connection monted on port side of splashwell.
The boxes you mention have drains, good if you want to put fish in, or load up with ice. I plug mine up most of the time with rubber stoppers and keep both loaded with a few gallons of spare oil, ringfree, startron, rags, funnel,spare fuel filter, etc.
Figure out a way to convert one to a livewell and let me know, the striper season has begun.