226 Outriggers

burchfish

Reaction score
My first Post. I am buying a 226 and deciding on whether to get the standard roof mount outriggers. Does anybody have any fitted to a WA. Do they interfere with moving freely along bthe side of the boat ? Is there a wire from the roof to the gunnel ? If so how does it conect and is it easy to disconect ? Are there other brands that are better ? Any info from anyone that has them or has used them would be greatly appreciated .

PS Any other non standard extra's people have added to a purely lure fishing boat.

Great Escape

Reaction score
I have a 228 with a Hard Top. I added Taco grand slam outriggers to the roof, radar, two 90 degree swivel rod holders in the gunnels as well as an autopilot. The auto pilot and outriggers are a lot of fun. The poles are telescoping so they are tucked away when they need to be. You can set it up so it doesn't interfere with the w/a element of the boat.

burchfish

Reaction score
Thanks for that. I will get a set. I did get the autopilot but not radar as didn't see much use of radar for me . No night use not and visual at all times. Just gotta wait 2 months for build and delivery.