226 Seafarer Questions

Mike L

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
2000 226 Seafarer w/ hardtop.
At the bow where the railing meets there is a hole/socket about 1/2 inch in diameter in the top of the railing. It also has a threaded hole for a set screw. Any idea what this is for?
Also on the front of the overhead electronics box there is a piece of plexiglass that extends down about 6 inches below the box. Does anyone know if this serves any purpose?
Just wondering if anyone knows. Thanks.
Mike

uncljohn

Reaction score
Rail socket is probably from a mounted spotlight. Or could have been some bracket to hold an extra anchor.

Parthery

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
The rail socket may also be for a burgee....

Not sure about the electronics box plexiglass. I can't remember if the 2000 has the full across e-box, or just on the drivers side. It may be some kind of wind deflector that was added on by the previous owner.

Grouper Duper

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
My 228G has both. The previous owner of my boat had a stainless rod with an american flag mounted to it that went in the bow rail hole; I have no idea if that's what came there, but it worked nicely. The plexiglass piece is supposed to deflect some spray in very windy/choppy conditions I guess, but I find more just drips off it and sprays back in your face over a longer period of time!

Mike L

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
The plexiglass piece is supposed to deflect some spray in very windy/choppy conditions I guess, but I find more just drips off it and sprays back in your face over a longer period of time!
Thanks for the replies.
Electronics box is only on the drivers side. The same thing happens with the spray which is what started me wondering. The flag sounds like a great idea.

oyster77

Reaction score
Would love to fly old glory on the bow rail of my 208...anyone know where I might find the flagstick?