228 access to rigging tubes

bayrat

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Im running a spare 'in hull transducer' to the helm. Im all set from the helm to the rear of the rigging tube on the starboard side. My only question is how to get the wire from the transducer itself ( its just aft of the fresh water tank) to the rear of the access tube. Only way I see is to drill a hole thru that rear bulkhead(where the fill for the fresh water runs thru)....am I missing something that wont require another hole?..thanks

G8RDave

Reaction score
So it is aft of the fresh water tank and fore of the gas tank? How in the world did you get it there? More importantly, why? It's not going to get a very good reading at speed, I wouldn't think. If that is where you have it, and where you want to keep it, you're gonna have to drill the hole.

bayrat

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Hi GR8 ..thanks for the reply. I dont think I said it was fore of the fuel tank. In any event its where the thru hull transducer is, but just the other side of the centerline, so reading shouldnt be an issue. Yeah...gonna have to drill a hole

G8RDave

Reaction score
Sorry, I keep forgetting different years of 228's have different tank set ups. My 228 has the aux gas tank fore, fresh water tank mid and the main gas tank aft. So if the transducer was aft of the fresh water tank but fore of the bulkhead, it would also be fore of the main gas tank. Assuming your's is fairly new you might only have one gas tank and I'm guessing it is fore of the fresh water tank.

bayrat

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
No problem. I didn't know that there were different configurations in different years re placement of the tanks. Yes, I have one fuel tank followed by the water tank...no aux .