228 Freshwater Pump

pensagrady

Reaction score
The "on-demand" pump stops working sometimes if the water is not in use continuously. After opening the valve to the sink or shower, if you tap on the side of the pump housing it comes back on. There is a rocker arm pivoting over a diaphragm and spring inside the on demand switch. Could it be that the diaphragm has lost its flexibility? Or, could it be the spring? This unit is only 2 years old and looks to be in pristine condition.

I'd appreciate any comments.

seasick

Reaction score
pensagrady said:
The "on-demand" pump stops working sometimes if the water is not in use continuously. After opening the valve to the sink or shower, if you tap on the side of the pump housing it comes back on. There is a rocker arm pivoting over a diaphragm and spring inside the on demand switch. Could it be that the diaphragm has lost its flexibility? Or, could it be the spring? This unit is only 2 years old and looks to be in pristine condition.

I'd appreciate any comments.
My freshwater pump does the same thing at times. I can not figure out if the pressure diaphram is not moving or if the switch is not making contact. I just turn the water on and off a few times and so far it always eventually starts. You may want to check the filter, there should be one. Mine often gets clogged with some ugly looking crud.