228 Hard Top Visor + Side-Curtains + Aft-Drop-Curtain

trashpad

Reaction score
I just bought a '96 228 with a Hard Top. It came with the full Visor package and in good condition, but I looked around to see how much it would be to replace down the road. I found RNR-Marine that says $5k! Is that really the price for some fabric and Strataglass? Or am I missing something?

Ky Grady

GreatGrady Captain
Staff member
Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Reach out to A&J Canvas in Vanceboro NC, OEM supplier for Grady. Had my 228 redone in '17 for $2800. All new enclosure with Strataglass.

Pighunter

Reaction score
I was considering A&J, but I'm in Ca. and I'm not crazy about having a new set of curtains made that are not fitted to my boat?? So I just took my old curtains to a local upholstery shop that was recommended to me by members of my fishing club. He's not using stratus glass but hes using 40mm. He measured all my old pieces but said I have to bring him the boat for 3 days so he can fit them. $1900

Edit: I just went down and talked to him, he's ordering the strata glass for me.

Last edited:

trashpad

Reaction score
I hit up Great Lakes Boat Top and they gave me a quote for $1,093.72. TOP DROP CURTAIN, TOP SIDE CURTAIN SET, TOP VISOR. 1996 Grady White 228G with factory hard top. That sounds more like it. I still do not know why the other was $5k.