228 is a beauty

Mustang65fbk

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
There's a 2009 in Georgia with a "sale pending" flag on it that was listed for $45k US, which would be about $60k CAD. Could keep an eye on it to see if the deal falls through?

Reactions: trapper

luckydude

Reaction score
Website
mcvoy.com
Model
Seafarer
Once again a big thanks to all of you with such positive feedback and info. Great Grady has to be the best gathering of folks with so much valued info willing to share so readily. I believe we all appreciate very much each others input....a band of brothers!
With the "fun in the sun" season approaching I will stay with my very happy 208 and consider some more research on a 228 come fall.
Great Grady is the most welcoming forum I've been on. Full of information and full of nice people.

I just spent the day out crabbing on my 228 and it was a blast. If you upgrade to a 228 you will love it.

trapper

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Thanks Mustang, " he who peruses the planet for Grady sales and missies very few" After all my limited homework, this one appears to be a very good price, especially for a 2009. Everything I have seen is still in the 90's for more money.

Reactions: Mustang65fbk

luckydude

Reaction score
Website
mcvoy.com
Model
Seafarer

SamRB

Reaction score
Model
CHOOSE
I was 57 feet when i hauled mine from nanaimo to vancouver.
Truck is 22.25 feet, add a 8 inches for the hitch makes it 23.

So mine is 34 feet on my trailer. The trailer tongue is pretty long, I debated shortening the tongue decided I like the length at the launch and am willing to eat the cost on the ferry a couple times a year.

228 is a great boat around our area and i even ran it from Vancouver to Nootka 2 summers ago (got trailered across and boated home from campbell river for the return trip). Will be listing in late july and looking to upgrade. Finding it a bit to tight to overnight for more than 1 night at a time with 2 people and our dog. Ill miss the boat when i sell it.
Hi Doug
I live in Redondo Beach CA
been shopping for 228 for over a year.
very scarce on the west coast.

not as brave as Mustang in purchasing an east cost boat and trailering it back cross county. ( but I sure appreciate all of Mustangs posts!)

like to get some more info on your pending proposed sale if possible. No rush.
Year
Engine/ hours
Approximate price.

I am supper easy to work with and a cash buyer.

thanks
Sam

Mustang65fbk

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Hi Doug
I live in Redondo Beach CA
been shopping for 228 for over a year.
very scarce on the west coast.

not as brave as Mustang in purchasing an east cost boat and trailering it back cross county. ( but I sure appreciate all of Mustangs posts!)

like to get some more info on your pending proposed sale if possible. No rush.
Year
Engine/ hours
Approximate price.

I am supper easy to work with and a cash buyer.

thanks
Sam
I honestly think that your best bet and the cheapest way to go about doing it would likely be to buy an east coast boat and then have it trailered or shipped out here via a shipping company. Whatever you do, I always recommend a surveyor inspect the boat for you and then go from there to make sure it's in the condition described. What's your budget and how far are you willing to travel for a boat?

Reactions: SamRB