Reaction score
Model
Seafarer

Hookup1

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
You should replace them at a convenient time. When they do go pop you loose all steering.

jonathanjames

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Yeah that's the plan, I was hoping somewhere here knew which replacement hose it is. I linked two I thought it may be.

Hookup1

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
They look standard. Get the length and match the fittings.

Also you are going to need to bleed the system. I would replace all the fluid. Order large container od SeaStar steering fluid.

SkunkBoat

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Model
Express 265
Once again, the confusion with the term "bulkhead hose" on Seastar hoses.
Usually, "bulkhead hoses" means that there is a plate with strain relief bushings put on the hoses before they put all on all of the fittings.
The idea being that you have a hole in your motorwell for the hoses to go thru and the plate will cover it.

Thats not what you have. You have motorwell mounted fittings. Your hoses attach there they don't pass thru. You just need hoses with fittings. You don't need the
"bulkhead" mounting plate on the hoses.

You just need to measure the length of what you have.
Probably this https://www.seatechmarineproducts.com/seastar-ho5104-standard-outboard-hose-kit-2x-4ft.html

Also, look at the printing on the hoses. Is it 5/16 1000psi hose? This is the standard Seastar hose.
or is it 1500 PSI?
If you have a Tournament Pro cylinder it is probably 1500 PSI

Consider yourself lucky. Most of us do not have fittings in our motorwell. The hoses are the full length to the helm and have a "bulkhead" plate or bushing on them.

...unless you have copper tubing under the deck all the way to the helm.. In that case you are not so lucky...

Last edited:
Reactions: jonathanjames

dogdoc

Reaction score
Model
Marlin
I worry more about seals rather than hoses or fittings and am always looking for the telltale drips of fluid. That said should you decide to replace and bleed I would direct you to MarineTech, https://marinetech.com/professional-marine-tools/seastar.html They make a hose and fitting system for manual bleeding. I bought the fittings and made my own for half the price and love it. The only thing they did not have is the fluid reservoir, I bought a generic automobile coolant reservoir on amazon (which looks just like the one they use) I will not be bleeding cylinders with a bleeder hose in a mason jar anymore on my boat.

jonathanjames

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Once again, the confusion with the term "bulkhead hose" on Seastar hoses.
Usually, "bulkhead hoses" means that there is a plate with strain relief bushings put on the hoses before they put all on all of the fittings.
The idea being that you have a hole in your motorwell for the hoses to go thru and the plate will cover it.

Thats not what you have. You have motorwell mounted fittings. Your hoses attach there they don't pass thru. You just need hoses with fittings. You don't need the
"bulkhead" mounting plate on the hoses.

You just need to measure the length of what you have.
Probably this https://www.seatechmarineproducts.com/seastar-ho5104-standard-outboard-hose-kit-2x-4ft.html

Also, look at the printing on the hoses. Is it 5/16 1000psi hose? This is the standard Seastar hose.
or is it 1500 PSI?
If you have a Tournament Pro cylinder it is probably 1500 PSI

Consider yourself lucky. Most of us do not have fittings in our motorwell. The hoses are the full length to the helm and have a "bulkhead" plate or bushing on them.

...unless you have copper tubing under the deck all the way to the helm.. In that case you are not so lucky...

Thank you for the info

There are no markings on the hoses any longer.

And yes, I do have the old crappy copper lines run from the helm to the transom.