228 vs 248 ride differences and other questions

Zeebr00k

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Im new to Grady Whites and this forum, I see 248's for sale and was wondering what the difference is in ride between the 228 and the 248, does the 228 handle chop better than the 248? Also is the 228 a much more sought after model? Is the 2 stroke 250 hp Yamaha OX engine sufficient enough or under powered for the 248?
How easily is a 248 towed? Similar to 228?
Thanks

SmokyMtnGrady

Reaction score
If you saw these two boats side by side you would notice the significant size difference beyond 2 feet of hull. There are a number of 248 owners here and they will testify how much better the ride is between the two boats. I have not been aboard a 248 other than at the dealership, so I can not offer how much better the handles.

Journeyman here can offer better insight because he has ridden in both boats. I would suggest the 248 will tow fairly well as the 228. Which model is more sought after? Well, the 228 is still in production and the 248 is not if that tells you anything. The 228 is a very well laid out boat and is one of the most spacious 22 footers out there. I have been aboard a few others and seen others at the dock and Grady did a great job on the layout of this boat.

Not sure of your intentions and purpose of the boat , so it's hard to suggest which boat over another. Good luck.