228G Radar Installation

bobdevlin

Reaction score
I am about to install a Furano 1715 radar on the hardtop. Since I will have the display unit on a custom panel where the Instrament door used to be this means that I will have to snake the radar cable from roof to display unit. How much of a problem is it going to be to snake this heavy cable through all the chases? Has anyone done this before and I could use any advice you may have.

hangman1176

Reaction score
The GW dealer went from the display box through the support pipe into the overhead box and then up into the hardtop. They usually fish a line/string through the pipe first by using a vacuum and pull the large cord. Make sure you start at the proper end.

Parthery

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
If its a factory hardtop, the support beam running from the top of the instrument panel up to the electronics box is hollow and open at both ends. Shouldn't be too big a deal to drop the cable from the top and fish it down.

Finatic

Reaction score
I went through the same process earlier this year on my Gulfstream. It really is an easy process to snake the cable through the tube from the electronics box to the helm. I first fished a piece of rope through the tube and then taped the cable to the rope and gently pulled it through the rigging tube. Installing the 1715 is fairly simple and it truly is a great unit. Good luck with the installation.