228G Seafarer Cabin Window Hinge

Mustang65fbk

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Better than the competition by far... I think in the other thread the one member said he spent over $100 for a couple of hinges or the levers. Which to me I can't believe they're charging that much for a few small bits of plastic. Glad to hear you found what you were looking for at a somewhat decent price.

bcoco

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Awesome could you post a picture of what you received from your order, thanks. I only had one hinge break so far so was curious how many were shipped for that price.
i'll take a picture later. only 1 hinge. mine was broken just like your picture so all i really used was the center piece that was broken.

Reactions: Don Davis

bcoco

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Awesome could you post a picture of what you received from your order, thanks. I only had one hinge break so far so was curious how many were shipped for that price.
here is a picture. parts on bottom are what i used, so they are old, top of pic i did not bother to change as they were good.hinge.jpg

Fishtales

Reaction score
Here's the reply from Grady;

Hi Mr. Davis, Unfortunately we do not sell parts direct. All parts sales must go through a Certified Grady-White Dealer. With the boat being a 99 model that part may be obsolete. Your dealer can check the availability for you through our parts department.

Thanks,

Joshua Lee

Grady-White Boats, Inc.

(252)752-2111 ext 294
I'd follow back up with them and ask for the GW part number. A dealer can track it down much easier with the GW part number. Joshua didn't pass the test. If it happens again - go directly to the CS manager and then Kris Carrol.

Don Davis

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Fishtales, yes I’m always amused when some people like Joshua, can’t seem to do a little homework and at least supply a part number to help a customer cross reference with a supplier. All good in the end now thanks to the work from Broco.

Mustang65fbk

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Not trying to side with Joshua here or anything... that being said, he does have a point on a now 25 year old boat in that the part might be discontinued or the manufacturer might not even be in business anymore. Especially since the 228 Seafarer is no longer a model that is being produced by Grady White. I imagine they likely use the same or similar vendors and parts from one model to the other, but obviously I have no way of knowing that for sure. Also to be fair to Joshua, I don't imagine that they have a master list for every year/model of boat readily available to them to be able to look up a part number, especially as mentioned before on a boat that's now 25 years old. Or at least I'm hoping that was the issue as opposed to him just being lazy and not wanting to look the part number up for you. That being said, and as mentioned, that is what your local GW dealer is for, since if the factory had dozens or even hundreds of these requests all day, then their phones would be ringing off the hook and they'd likely not be able to keep up with the requests or demands from the customers. I guess a small issue that I'd have with Joshua would be the fact that he in all likelihood could've taken the 30-60 seconds that it took me to do a quick Google search, and likely found the item for you like I did in post #14. As opposed to just pawning it off on the local dealers to be able to find instead. A little on the frustrating side, but definitely not enough to lose sleep over, or even close to it. Either way yes, as mentioned, it sounds as though the issue has been resolved. I too get frustrated at the fact that just about anything and everything should be pretty easy to find online and they certainly don't make it easy sometimes when they forward you to a different number or dealer. You'd think they'd have a website with a "master list" for every year, make and model of boat that they've sold but I'm thinking that probably just isn't feasible. That being said, it's definitely a bit of a small annoyance or inconvenience and what I like to refer to as "first world problems"...