228G Seafarer Replacement Mooring Light and Post on Hardtop

Don Davis

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Hello, I've been looking for a replacement mooring light and post that mounts on the hardtop as mine is broken at the bottom. I can't seem to find an OEM replacement all the ones I have found are quite flimsy ie Victory supplier. Just wondering if anyone knows of a supplier for OEM Grady parts? I'm in British Columbia but will continue shipping across the border if I need to for the right part, thanks, Don

MooringLightPost.jpg

Fishtales

Reaction score
Don't get too hung up on finding an exact replacement. Fill the holes with Marine Tex and install the highest quality light you can find. Make sure it is the tallest thing on the hardtop.

seasick

Reaction score
Actually , you did make me think about folks who add radar after the fact. I suppose the 'all around' mast light has to be seen from all around!
That is to say, when adding radar or a search light, you may need to change the mast light for a taller model.

Fishtales

Reaction score
Actually , you did make me think about folks who add radar after the fact. I suppose the 'all around' mast light has to be seen from all around!
That is to say, when adding radar or a search light, you may need to change the mast light for a taller model.

True, prob best to use a mount to get the radar up off the hardtop and they all usually come with a light mount that is higher than the radar.