232 and Skiing

atgvir

Reaction score
I am think about purchasing a Gulfstream 232 with twin 150 yami's and was wondering if this setup would work for towing skiers and tubes. I am trying to choose a boat that can pull double duty. Family fun and Chesapeake Bay fishing(also family fun)

Thanks,

DB

Reaction score
Have 232 Gulfstream...would be o.k. to pull a tube if you didn't go really fast...wouldn't recommend for small children...No way would you want to ski behind a 232 the wake is too steep...Now Wakeboarding behind a 232 would be best of all...you could sky.

nick1048

Reaction score
I grew up on, and now own, a Gulfstream 232 with a single 225 on it and ski quite a bit in the summer. We pull ski's, even a grown man on a slolom (single ski...however you spell it), tubes, kneeboards, and wakeboards. It does great with a few people on the boat and towing 1 or 2 people, no problem whatsoever. I'd imagine twin 150's wouldn't have any issue.

I chose this boat for the reason of just what you're asking. Like I said I grew up with a neighbor who owned one. We went fishing and skiing on the regular and now do the same on my boat. It's great in the bay and has the cabin so the wife/kids and get out of the sun and have a head. My buddies and I take it out on the rougher days in the bay for stripers and it does fine. For me, it's a good all round boat with a lot of versatility.

engineersx2

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I Have a 2008, 232 with twin 150's. We have two boys ages 18 and 16 who love to fish as well as tube and wake board. They do not do much skiing. The 232 works GREAT for pulling a tube around, no problems at all doing this and the wake is fun to play with. My 16 yr old weighs about 150 lbs and loves to wake board behind the boat. We found a way to connect the toe line to the hard top and have probably logged more than 20 hrs of wake boarding and tubing with no problems. The twin 150s seem to have no problem getting on top while pulling a wake board. Not sure how they would do with skiing, but like you we wanted a boat that we could fish and pull tubes and wake boards and have no regrets with the 232.

I have learned that it is much better do do the wake board/tubing when the gas tank is around a 1/2 tank or less as loosing the extra weight associated with 75 gallons of fuel is a plus.